October 22 is the 295th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 296th in leap years), thus 70 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2005: In the Caribbean, the Tropical Storm Alpha forms. Alpha is the 22 named system in the 2005 hurricane season, which the previous record of the year in 1933 outbid.
- 2010: In Istanbul will lay the foundation for the German-Turkish University in the presence of the German President Christian Wulff and Turkish President Abdullah Gül.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
- 0700: Willibald of Eichstätt, first bishop of Eichstätt
- 1197: Juntoku, Japanese Emperor
- 1511: Erasmus Reinhold, German astronomer and mathematician
- 1565: Benedict Carpzov the Elder, German professor of law
- 1582: Francisco Piccolomini, Italian Superior General of the Jesuit Order
- 1591: Alfonso III. d' Este, Italian noble, Duke of Modena and Reggio
- 2003: Ethan Munck, American film actor
Before the 19th century
Johann Friedrich Böhmer († 1863)
- 2001: Cliff Adams, British bandleader, singer, and radio host
- 2001: Helmut Krackowizer, Austrian economist and journalist, motorcycle racer and an expert in motorcycle history
- 2002: Geraldine Apponyis, Albanian Queen
- 2003: Ron Collier, Canadian jazz trombonist, composer and arranger
- 2004: Jean -François Leuba Swiss National President
- 2005: Anthony Patrick Adams, American film and theater producer
- 2005: Arman, French- American object artist, co-founder of the New Realism
- 2005: Franky Gee, Cuban musician ( Captain Jack )
- 2005: Fritz Köthe, German painter and printmaker, representatives of Pop Art and Photorealism
- 2006: Arthur Hill, Canadian actor
- 2006: Hubert Lehner, German painter
- 2006: Arnold Sundgaard, American writer and librettist
- 2007: Ève Curie, French author
- 2008: Manfred Buhr, German philosopher
- 2009: Maryanne Amacher, U.S. American composer and improviser
- 2009: Fritz Csoklich, Austrian journalist
- 2009: Fritz Vogelgsang, German translator, essayist and editor
- 2010: René Villiger, a Swiss artist and graphic designer
- 2012: Russell Means, American civil rights activist and actor
- 2012: Wilson Whineray, New Zealand rugby player and business manager
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Jeremias Gotthelf, Swiss pastor, poet and mystic ( Protestant)
- St. Cordula, virgin, martyr and patron saint ( Catholic)
- Sl. John Paul II, Pope ( Catholic)
- St. Ingbert, Hermit ( Catholic)
- Name Days Cordula, Corinna, Salome
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October