November 2 is the 306th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 307th in leap years), thus 59 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2000: The three members of the ISS Expedition 1, William McMichael Shepherd, Sergei Konstantinovich Krikaljow and Yuri Pavlovich Gidzenko meet, as the first long-duration crew on the International Space Station.
- 0676: Donus enthroned after 77 -day Sedisvakanz as the successor of Pope Adeodatus II.
- 1389: Pietro Tomacelli is elected by the conclave as Pope Boniface IX and emerges as. his post.
- 1992: Galileo Galilei is formally rehabilitated by the Roman Catholic Church.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 2001: Thomas Schleicher, Austrian judoka
- 2001: Buddy Starcher, American country musician
- 2003: Frederic Vester, German biochemist, environmental expert and author
- 2004: Gerrie plasticine man, Dutch cyclist
- 2004: Vaclav Kotva, Czech actor
- 2004: Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates
- 2004: Theo van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker and satirist
- 2005: Ferruccio Valcareggi, Italian footballer and coach
- 2007: Peter Bronkhorst, Dutch activist
- 2007: Lillian Ellison, American wrestler
- 2007: Don Freeland, American race car driver
- 2008: Ahmad al - Mirghani, Sudanese President
- 2009: Nien Cheng, American author
- 2009: Carsten Diercks, German documentary filmmaker and television pioneer
- 2009: Amir Pnueli, Israeli computer scientists
- 2010: Sibylle Bergemann, German photographer
- 2010: Andy Irons, American professional surfer
- 2012: Milt Campbell, American track and field athlete and football player
- 2012: Han Suyin, Chinese doctor and writer
- 2012: Pino Rauti, Italian politician
- 2012: János Rózsás, Hungarian writer
- 2013: Walt Bellamy, American basketball player
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Johann Albrecht Bengel, German theologian and prelate ( Protestant)
- Holy Will of Bold Berkheim, pilgrims and patron ( Catholic)
- All Souls' Day ( Catholic)
- Daniel Payne, Teacher (Protestant: ELCA, LCMS )
- State Holidays and observances Mexico: Day of the Dead (the third and last day)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in November