The November 20 is the 324th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 325th in leap years), thus 41 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0284: the guardsman Diocles few days after the death Numerians is proclaimed Roman emperor by his troops, although Numerians brother Carinus still reigns in Rome. Under the chosen name Diocletian he finishes the kingdom crisis of the 3rd century.
- 0423: The Roman officer John explained to the Western Roman Emperor, thus ending the three-month period without an emperor after the death of Honorius. The Eastern Roman Emperor Theodosius II, Honorius ' nephew and his real legacy, his rule, however, does not recognize.
- 1194: The German Emperor Henry VI. draws on his campaign against Sicily under William III. in the conquered Palermo one. Thus, the Staufer solve the Normans finally from the ruler of Sicily.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Selma Lagerlof (* 1858)
Zinaida Hippius (* 1869)
Friedrich Werner von der Schulenburg (* 1875)
Benoît B. Mandelbrot (* 1924)
Robert F. Kennedy (* 1925)
Before the 20th century
- 0967: Abu l - Faraj ʿ Alī ibn al -Husayn al - Quraschī al -Isfahani, Arab historian, writer and poet
- 1022: Bernward of Hildesheim, Bishop and founder of Hildesheim workshops, Holy
- 1189: Hermann von Friedingen, Bishop of Constance
Paula Modersohn -Becker († 1907)
Leo Tolstoy († 1910)
- 2003: Robert Alastair Addie, British actor
- 2003: Loris Azzaro, Italian fashion designers
- 2003: David Dacko, Central African politicians
- 2005: Erich effort, German physician and inventor of the laparoscope
- 2005: Hans -Peter Reinecke, German actor
- 2006: Robert Altman, American film director, author, filmmaker and film producer
- 2007: Rudolf Sachsenweger, German ophthalmologist
- 2007: Ian Smith, Rhodesian politician
- 2007: Konrad Thurano, German Wire Artist
- 2008: Boris Fyodorov, a Russian economist and politician
- 2008: Jan Machulski, Polish actor and director
- 2009: Doris Ebbing, German local politician
- 2009: HC Robbins Landon, American musicologist
- 2009: Elisabeth Söderström, Swedish opera and concert singer
- 2010: Roxana Briban, Romanian soprano
- 2010: Walter Helmut Fritz, German poet, essayist and novelist
- 2010: Chalmers Johnson, American professor of political science and Asia expert
- 2011: Russell Garcia, American composer and arranger
- 2011: Eberhard Piltz, German journalist
- 2012: Albert Cramer, German entrepreneurs
- 2013: Dieter Hildebrandt, German comedian, actor and author
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Bernward of Hildesheim, German aristocrat and bishop (Protestant, Catholic)
- St. Korbinian, Frankish hermit and bishop, Protective Patron Saint ( Catholic)
- Name Days Edmund
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in November