The November 19 is the 323rd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 324th in leap years), thus 42 days remain until the end of the year.
According to the Catholic calendar year, it is the Elisabethtag, after the Saint Elisabeth of Thuringia.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 0461: Hilary ordained as Bishop of Rome and so assumes the office of the Pope.
- 0569: In Poitiers, the hymn sung Vexilla is registered as a cross relic from Sainte- Croix Abbey is transmitted first.
- 2002: The November 13 delicious whipped tanker Prestige breaks up and sinks off the Galician coast. 64,000 tonnes of heavy oil leak and pollute 2900 km of the French and Spanish coasts. About 250,000 seabirds die.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Ferdinand de Lesseps (* 1805)
Before the 20th century
- 0496: Pope Gelasius I.
- 1299: Mechthild of Hackeborn, German mystic and Cistercian
- 1501: Amalia, Princess of Saxony and Duchess of Bavaria -Landshut
- 1625: Count Johann Reinhard I of Hanau -Lichtenberg, Count of Hanau -Lichtenberg
- 1630: Johann Hermann Schein, German composer, cantor in Leipzig
- 1683: August Carpzov, German statesman
- 1753: Friedrich Christian Börner, German Lutheran theologian
- 1795: Thomas Linley senior, English musician and stage composer
- 1796: Friedrich Moritz von Nostic Rieneck, Austrian field marshal and Hofkriegsratspräsident
- 1798: Theobald Wolfe Tone, Irish lawyer, leader of the Irish independence movement
- 2002: Otto Maychrzak, German handball player
- 2003: Christfried Berger, German theologian
- 2003: Greg Ridley, British rock musician
- 2004: Helmut Griem, German actor
- 2004: Terry Melcher, American music producer
- 2004: Jan Pixa, Czech playwright and television presenter
- 2004: John Robert Vane, British pharmacologist
- 2005: Alfons Auer, German moral theologian
- 2005: Bruno Bonhuil, French motorcycle racer
- 2006: Horst Michael Neutze, German actor
- 2008: John Michael Hayes, American screenwriter
- 2012: Pete Laroca, American jazz drummer and lawyer
- 2012: Boris Strugatsky, Russian writer
- 2013: Frederick Sanger, a British biochemist and a two-time Nobel Prize winner
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Elizabeth of Hungary, Hungarian - German aristocrat (Protestant, Catholic)
- Name Days Elizabeth, Mechthild
- State Holidays and observances Monaco, National
- More information for the day World Toilet Day (WTO ) (since 2001)
- International Men's Day (since 1999)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in November