April 29 is the 119th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 120th in leap years), thus 246 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2006: In Havana, Bolivia, Venezuela and Cuba sign trade agreement of the Peoples ( TCP), the Solidarity trade relations between the three countries established. The Bolivarian Alternative for the Americas is a counter-proposal of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez against the planned capitalist American Free Trade Agreement.
Science and Technology
- 2011: London's Westminster Abbey to marry Prince William Mountbatten -Windsor and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton, who get awarded on this occasion the title of Duke of Cambridge.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0926: Burchard II, Duke of Swabia
- 1121: Theoger of Sankt Georgen, Abbot of St. Georgen monastery reformer, Bishop of Metz
- 1157: Robert Gruthuysen, second abbot of the Cistercian monastery of Clairvaux
- 1380: Catherine of Siena, Italian mystic, Doctor of the Church and Holy
- 1417: Ludwig II, Count of Anjou, King of Naples and Duke of Provence
- 1541: John Gramann, German reformer and writer of hymns
- 1642: Giles Hunnius the Younger, German Lutheran theologian
- 1652: Heinrich von Wuthenau, German civil servant and occasional poet
- 1676: Michiel de Ruyter, Dutch Admiral
- 1658: Luc d' Achery, French librarian and historian
- 1712: Juan Bautista José Cabanilles, Spanish organist and Baroque composer
- 1750: Quirin Asam Egid, German plasterer and sculptor
- 1790: Samuel Heinicke, educator and ' inventor ' of the German method of deaf education
- 1792 Theobald Dillon, French military leader
- 2002: Sune Andersson, Swedish national football player and coach
- 2002: Rob Walker, British racing team owner
- 2004: Adam silk, German writer and gallerist
- 2005: Otto Herbert Hajek, German sculptor and painter
- 2006: John Kenneth Galbraith, American economist
- 2007: Brigitte Krause, German actress
- 2007: Ivica Račan, Croatian politician, Prime Minister
- 2008: Albert Hofmann, Swiss chemist
- 2008: Bo Yang, Chinese author
- 2010: Hanns Heinz Porst, German entrepreneurs
- 2011: Theofila Reich-Ranicki, German - Polish artist
- 2012: Shukri Ghanim, Libyan politician
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Catherine of Siena, Italian nobleman, politician and theologian, mystic, Virgin and Doctor of the Church (Catholic, Anglican, Protestant: Evangelical Church and ELCA )
- Name Days Catherine, Roswitha
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in April