April 9 is the 99th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 100th in leap years), thus 266 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0193: The troops in Pannonia call Septimius Severus as a rival emperor to Didius Julianus. He is the third emperor of the second year of the Four Emperors in the Roman Empire.
- 1217: Peter of Courtenay is in Rome by Pope Honorius III. anointed Emperor of the Latin Empire of Constantinople Opel. However, he exerts his rule from a single day, as it set on the way to Constantinople Opel and is being held until his death.
- 2003: American troops bring the Saddam statue in Baghdad on Firdosplatz to collapse. For Iraq war is considered symbolically as completed.
Science and Technology
- 0037: Antioch is destroyed by an earthquake.
- 1947: In the U.S. states of Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma the Glazier - Higgins - Woodward Tornadoes calls 167 lives.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0092: Yuan An, Chinese politician
- 0491: Zenon, Byzantine Emperor
- 0715: Constantine I, Pope
- 0806: Kammu, the 50th emperor of Japan
- 1024: Benedict VIII, Pope
- 1241: Henry II, and Henry the Pious, Duke of Wrocław, Poland
- 1283: Margrete Aleksandersdotter, Norwegian Queen
- 1483: Edward IV, second son of Richard Plant Agent, Duke of York
- 1548: Gonzalo Pizarro, the Spanish conquistador
- 1553: François Rabelais, writers of the French Renaissance
- 1557 Mikael Agricola, a Finnish theologian and reformer
- 1591: Aemilia of Saxony, wife of the Ansbacher Margrave George the Pious
- 1613: John Caselius, German humanist, jurist and philologist
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer († 1945)
- Wilhelm Canaris († 1945)
- Hans von Dohnanyi († 1945)
- Georg Elser († 1945)
- Hans Oster († 1945)
- 2001: Emil Carlebach, German resistance fighter and politician, Member of Parliament
- 2002: Jürgen Hartmann, German cabaret artist
- 2002: Leopold Vietoris, Austrian mathematician
- 2002: Pat Flaherty, American race car driver
- 2003: Jorge Oteiza, Spanish sculptor and painter
- 2004: Hannelore Valencak, Austrian writer
- 2004: Martin Rickelt, German actor
- 2004: His Lwin, Myanmar military and politicians
- 2005: Andrea Dworkin, American feminist, sociologist and writer
- 2005: Jerzy Grzegorzewski Polish theater director
- 2005: Anton Heyboer, Dutch painter
- 2005: Elsbeth Janda, German writer and cabaret performer
- 2005: Jerrel Wilson, U.S. American football player
- 2006: Gordon Terry, American country musician
- 2007: Egon Bondy, Czech poet and philosopher
- 2007: Heinz -Georg Sievers, German physician and Handball Players
- 2008: Bengt Johansson, Swedish wrestler
- 2009: Adam Werner, German journalist and specialist in German
- 2011: Sidney Lumet, American film director
- 2012: Carol Adams, American dancer and actress
- 2012: Ivan Nagel, German theater director
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Dietrich Bonhoeffer, German theologian and martyr (Protestant and Anglican)
- St. Waltraud of Mons, Frankish nobles and monasteries founder ( Catholic)
- Name Days Waltraud
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in April