December 15 is the 349th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 350th in leap years), thus 16 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0533: The victory of the Eastern Roman forces under Belisarius at the Battle of Tricamarum marked the end of the Vandal kingdom in North Africa. The former Western Roman territory falls to the Byzantine Empire under Emperor Justinian I..
- 1387: After Duke Friedrich of Bavaria has fixed the Archbishop of Salzburg as part of the cities war and wants to force the abandonment of the covenant, explains the Swabian league of cities to the Duchy of Bavaria to war.
- 1516: Gaspard de Coligny I., seigneur de Châtillon is appointed by the French king Francis I. Marshal of France.
- 1576: The Spanish governor of the Netherlands, Don Juan de Austria, and the States General close the Eternal Edict, which the governor recognizes the Pacification of Ghent. The edict, however, do not hold eight months.
- 1640: John II Duke of Braganza is as John IV King of Portugal, thus ending the personal union with Spain since 1580 is terminated.
Science and Technology
- 0687: The elected by the people of Rome and from simple clergy Sergius I becomes pope.
- 1124: Celestine II is elected in Rome as antipope Honorius II to, but resigns in the day after the papal dignity, whereupon Honorius II can be confirmed in a new canonical choice finally in his office.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 2001: Rufus Thomas, American blues and soul singer
- 2004: Vassal Gadoengin, nauruischer politicians
- 2004: Sidonie Goossens, British harpist
- 2005: James Ingo Freed, German - American architect
- 2006: Clay Regazzoni, Swiss racing driver
- 2007: John Berg, American actor
- 2007: St. Clair Bourne, American filmmaker
- 2007: Julia Carson, American politician
- 2007: Diane Middlebrook, American author
- 2007: Giuseppe Rinaldi, Italian actor and voice actor
- 2007: Fernando Romo Gutiérrez, Mexican priest, Bishop of Torreón
- 2008: Carlo Caracciolo, Italian Publisher
- 2008: Anne- Catharina Vestly, Norwegian writer
- 2009: CDB Bryan, American author and journalist
- 2010: Peter O. Chotjewitz, German writer, translator and lawyer
- 2010: Blake Edwards, American film director
- 2010: Hans -Joachim Rauschenbach, German sports reporter
- 2011: Walter Giller, German actor
- 2011: Christopher Hitchens, the British- American author and critic
- 2013: Joan Fontaine, American film actress
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Gerhard Uhlhorn, German theologian ( Protestant)
- St. Nino, healer ( Catholic)
- Name Days Nina
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in December