The 30th of December is the 364th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 365th in leap years), and thus the penultimate day of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0533: In the Eastern Empire the Codex Justinian is valid together with the Digest. The entire body of law Corpus Juris Civilis bundles emerged from the Roman law.
- 1066: The massacre of Granada is the first pogrom in Europe. A Muslim crowd crucified the Jewish vizier of Granada, in the royal palace and killed about 4,000 Jewish inhabitants.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
- 0039: Titus, Roman emperor
- 1562: Henning Dedekind, German composer
- 1566: Alessandro Piccinini, Italian lutenist, composer and Theorbenspieler
- 1575: George of Nismitz, Electorate of Saxony Hofmeister and Administrative Officer
- 1587: Gómez Suárez de Figueroa, duque de Feria, Spanish statesman and general
Before the 20th century
- 0274: Felix I, Pope
- 0904: Harun, ruler of the Tulunids in Egypt
- 1436: . Ludwig III, Elector of the Palatinate
- 1460: Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York, englischerAdliger
- 2001: Hans Hermsdorf, German politicians
- 2001: Ernst Leisi, Swiss English Studies Professor
- 2001: Ralph Earl Sutton, American musician
- 2002: Mary Wesley, British writer
- 2003: Ernst Hermann Ackermann, German geologist
- 2003: Ibram Lassaw, American sculptor and painter
- 2003: Anita Mui, Chinese musician and actress
- 2003: Patricia Roc, British actress
- 2004: Artie Shaw, American jazz musician
- 2006: Saddam Hussein, Iraqi dictator
- 2007: Emmanuel Chukwudi Eze, Nigerian philosopher
- 2009: Abdurrahman Wahid, Indonesian President
- 2010: Bobby Farrell, Dutch disc jockey and singer
- 2011: Ronald Searle, British illustrator and cartoonist
- 2012: Rita Levi Montalcini, Italian neurologist and neurobiologist, Nobel Prize winner
- 2012: Carl Woese, American biologist
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Martin Schalling the Younger, German pastor and hymn writer ( Protestant)
- St. Felix I., Roman bishop ( Roman Catholic)
- Name Days Felix
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in December