History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Snake乙巳( at the beginning of the year, Wood Dragon甲辰)
Syria: 1796/97 ( the year in October )
- Secured 2.1 Date of birth
- 2.2 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.3 Born about 1485
Politics and World Affairs
Wars of the Roses in England
- August 22: In the Battle of Bosworth Field Henry Tudor defeated, the future Henry VII, Richard III, king of the House of York, who falls in battle.. Thus, the Wars of the Roses end to the English throne rule. The House of Tudor takes power in England.
- October 30: In London King Henry VII is crowned.
Holy Roman Empire
Republic of Venice
- November 4: Giovanni Mocenigo, Doge of the Republic of Venice, dies of the plague, and is buried in haste in the church of Santi Giovanni e Paolo. Marco Barbarigo, called the rich man is elected to succeed him. He is the first Doge, which is inserted on the Scala dei Giganti in his office.
- The southern Spanish town of Setenil falls during the Reconquista movement against the Moorish rule in Spain after the seventh run into Christian hands.
Grand Duchy of Moscow
- The city of Tver is conquered by the Grand Duchy of Moscow.
Science and Technology
- In the Korean historical chronicle Dongguk Tonggam first time the rulers of the Go- Joseon Dangun after - era are enumerated.
- The publisher William Caxton publishes the first printed edition of the manuscript Le Morte Darthur by Thomas Malory, a compilation of various stories of the French and English Arthurian epic.
- The construction of the present wall around the Moscow Kremlin is started.
- The Book of Hours of Lorenzo I de ' Medici is completed.
- In the Peace of Kutná Hora is Utraquists and some Catholics.
- January 6: Wilhelm Werner of rooms, German historian and jurist († 1575)
- April 26: Sibylle von Baden, Margrave of Baden ( † 1518)
- 24 June: Johannes Bugenhagen ( "Doctor Pomeranus " ), reformer of Pomerania and Denmark († 1558 )
- August 22: Rhenanus, German humanist, printer, editor, philologist and historian († 1547)
- December 16: Catherine of Aragon, wife of Henry VIII, Queen of England († 1536)
Exact date of birth unknown
- Hernán Cortés, Spanish conquistador and conqueror of the Aztec Empire († 1547)
Born about 1485
- Matteo Bandello, Italian poet († 1561)
- Louis de Berquin, French humanist, lawyer, civil servant, linguist and reformer († 1529)
- Thomas Cromwell, English politician and founder of the modern English central government († 1540)
- Nikolaus Decius, German monk, pastor, church cantor and song writer ( † after 1546)
- Stack Heinrich Mann, German physician, philologist, physicist, poet and humanist († 1532)
- 1480 /85 John Wechtlin, German painter († unknown)
- FEBRUARY 28: Niclas von Abensberg, German knight and Count of Abensberg (* 1441 )
- August 22: John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk, English nobleman
- August 22: . Richard III, the last English king of the Plantagenet dynasty fell, (* 1452 )
- September 4: Stephan von Pfalz- simmering, canon in Strasbourg, Mainz, Cologne, Speyer and Liege ( * 1421 )
- OCTOBER 27: Rudolf Agricola, humanist and writer (* 1444 )