The 6th September is the 249th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 250th in leap years), thus still 116 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0394: Theodosius the Great conquered the western Roman emperor Eugenius and Arbogast General at the Battle of Frigidus and thus unites the last emperor both halves of the Roman Empire a short time back in one hand. Four months later, it comes after his death to the final division of the kingdom.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
- 2008: Chinese President Hu Jintao opened the 13th Summer Paralympics, to be attended by over 4,200 athletes from 148 countries in Beijing. The games should last until September 17.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Marquis de La Fayette (* 1757)
August Friedrich Langbein (* 1757)
Marie -Gabrielle Capet (* 1761)
John Dalton (* 1766 )
Abd el-Kader (* 1808)
Levin Schücking (* 1814)
Leopold Ullsteinhaus (* 1826)
Norman Birkett (* 1883)
Joseph P. Kennedy, sen. (* 1888)
Before the 20th century
- 0394: Eugenius, Western Roman Emperor
- 0972: . Johannes XIII, Pope
- 1032: . Rudolf III, King of Burgundy
- 1092: Konrad I, Duke of Bohemia
- 1475: Adolf II of Nassau, Archbishop of Mainz
- 2002: Michael Argyle, a British social psychologist
- 2003: Charles Edward Bennett, American politician
- 2003: Maurice Michael Otunga, Kenyan Cardinal and Archbishop of Nairobi
- 2004: Antonio Corpora, Italian painter
- 2005: Inge Ristock, German table tennis player, stand-up comedian and television writer
- 2005: Otto B. Roegele, German publicist
- 2007: Madeleine L' Engle, American children's book author
- 2007: Luciano Pavarotti, Italian tenor
- 2008: Anita Page, American film actress
- 2011: Hans Apel, German politicians
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Matthias Waibel, German priest and martyr ( Protestant)
- Saint Bega, Irish aristocrat and a hermit ( Roman Catholic)
- State Holidays and observances Bulgaria: Bulgaria's association with Eastern Rumelia (1885 )
- Swaziland: independence from Great Britain (1968 )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in September