The July 30 is the 211th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 212th in leap years) - thus still 154 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2006: During the Lebanon War, the Israeli Air Force conducts an air raid on Qana, in which 27 people from the civilian population Kanas are killed.
- 2007: The British military ends in the night of July 31, his 38 years lasting presence in Northern Ireland. At midnight, the police accepts the sole responsibility for internal security and a large part of the military personnel will be deducted.
- 2008: The former, submerged President of Republika Srpska, Radovan Karadžić is passed in The Hague the care of the United Nations Detention Unit. He has to answer before the International Criminal Court for crimes accused in his tenure.
Science and Technology
- 0657: The four weeks previously selected Vitalian Pope is enthroned.
- 1806: With royal approval, the first Protestant church may be built in the Bavarian capital in Catholic Munich.
- 2000: the millenary anniversary of the building of the first religious building in Iceland Norway plays an occasion, the island nation of the Heimaey stave church, give to a replica of a medieval stave church.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0101 BC: Boiorix, chief of the Germanic tribe of the Cimbri
- 0579: Benedict I, Pope
- 1224: Andrew of Guttenstein, Bohemian priest and bishop
- 1233: Conrad of Marburg, German Franciscan monk, Grand Inquisitor and politicians
- 1286: Gregorius Bar - Hebraeus Abu al - Faraj, Armenian polymath and Maphrian the east the Syrian Orthodox Church
- 1455: John V, Count of Nassau- Dillenburg
- 1505: John Welmecher, Auxiliary Bishop of Paderborn, Cologne and Havelberg
- 1540: Erich I., the Elder, Duke of Brunswick- Lüneburg and reigning prince of Calenberg -Göttingen
- 1540: Robert Barnes, English theologian of the Reformation period and martyr
- 1624: Bernardine II of Herbersteins, baron, imperial Obersthofmarschall
- 1635: Daniel Engelhardt, German theologian
- 1683: Maria Theresa of Spain, cousin and wife of Louis XIV
- 1691: Daniel Georg Morhof, German literature historian and polymath
- 2001: Ekkehard Gries, German lawyer and politician, Member of Parliament, Hessian Interior Minister, Member of Parliament
- 2001: Anton Schwarzkopf, German designer of roller coasters
- 2002: Willy Mattes, Austrian composer
- 2003: Steve Hislop, British motorcycle racer
- 2003: Sam Phillips, American discoverer of Elvis Presley
- 2003: Hans Georg Stengel, German journalist, writer, satirist and comedian
- 2004: Ellen Auerbach, German - American photo artist
- 2004: Wolfgang Ullmann, German theologian, church historian and politician
- 2005: John Garang, the Sudanese rebel leader and later Vice- President of Sudan as a whole
- 2005: Erni Singerl, German actress
- 2006: Emanuel Scharfenberg, German sculptor
- 2007: Michelangelo Antonioni, the Italian director
- 2007: Ingmar Bergman, Swedish director
- 2007: Louis Joseph Moyse, French flutist and composer
- 2007: Makoto Oda, Japanese writer
- 2009: Dieter Ahlers, German jurist
- 2009: Peter Zadek, German director
- 2012: Maeve Binchy, Irish writer
- 2012: Ulrike Hessler, German author, journalist and director of the Dresden Semperoper
- 2013: Uwe Bahnsen, German automotive designer
- 2013: Berthold Beitz, German industrialist
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances August Vilmar, German theologian, State Councillor and literary scholar ( Protestant)
- William Penn, English Quaker, founder of the later U.S. state of Pennsylvania ( Protestant)
- Robert Barnes, English martyr (Protestant: LCMS )
- Name Days Inge Burg
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in July