History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Syria: 1781/82 ( the year in October )
- Secured 2.1 Date of birth
- 2.2 Exact date of birth unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- Duke Louis II de Bourbon founded the Order of the Thistle.
- Portuguese navigators reach of Guinea and explore the island Corisco.
- First documentary mention of the city of Oberhof in the Thuringian Forest
Science and Technology
Around 1470 developed Johannes Müller, known as Regiomontanus, the Jacob's staff on.
, The old man, founded Accademia Platonica, one of the first academies of sciences of modern times, under Cosimo de ' Medici, called il Vecchio in Florence.
- The oldest German -language Seebuch is made.
Around 1470 created Schwabacher, a variant of the broken font.
Arnold Therhoernen is the first time custodians in a printed book.
The Bern aldermen Bendicht Tschachtlan and Heinrich Dittlinger customize the Tschachtlanchronik, the oldest surviving Swiss Illustrated Chronicle. This is a paper manuscript with 230 colors, mostly full-page illustrations.
The White Book of Sarnen arises, a written by the Canton Obwalden and writer Hans Schriber collection federal records and history of central Switzerland. In the book the legend of William Tell was first written down.
Pope Paul II states that the Catholic Jubilee Year should invariably take place every 25 years, beginning with the year 1475th
Nature and Environment
- Seegfrörne: Lake Constance is completely frozen.
- May 20: Pietro Bembo, Italian humanist († 1547)
- June 6: Ottilie von Baden, Margrave of Baden ( † 1490 )
- June 23: Ambrose of four mouth Hessian Knights († 1539)
- June 30th: Charles VIII, King of France († 1498)
- JULY 30: Teaching the Chinese emperors of the Ming Dynasty ( † 1505)
- October 2: Elizabeth of Spain, Queen of Portugal ( as the spouse, not as regent in its own right ) and Princess of Spain ( † 1498)
- November 4: Edward V, King of England ( presumably † 1483 )
- December 5: Willibald Pirckheimer, German humanist († 1530)
Exact date of birth unknown
- Johann Eberlin of Günzburg, German Reformation theologian and author († 1533)
- Daniel Hopfer, German Waffenätzer, etcher and wood engraver († 1536)
- Pánfilo de Narváez, Spanish conquistador († 1528)
- Francisco de Peñalosa, Spanish cleric, singer and composer († 1528)