The 10th of May is the 130th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 131st in leap years), thus 235 days remain until the end of the year.
- 2.1 Before the 18th century
- 2.2 18th century
- 2.3 19th century
- 2.4 20th century 2.4.1 1901-1950
- 2.4.2 1951-2000
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2005: Comprised of 2,711 steles, designed by Peter Eisenman, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin is inaugurated.
- 0946: Agapetus II appointed by Alberic II, who ruled Rome and the papacy, as successor to the late Marinus II to the Pope.
- 1530: Philipp Melanchthon at Augsburg ended the transcript of the Apology of the Augsburg Confession, to be presented at the forthcoming Reichstag.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 18th century
- 0850: Seiwa, 56 Tennō of Japan
- 0893: Abu Muhammad al -Hasan ibn Ahmad ibn Ya'qub ibn Yusuf ibn Dawud ibn Sulayman al - Arhabi al - Bakili al - Hamdani, Arab scholars
- 1265: Fushimi, 92 Tennō of Japan
- 1484: Wolfgang von Baden, Margrave of Baden
- 1548: Antonio Priuli, 94th Doge of Venice
- 1581: Wolfgang Kilian, German engraver
- 1635: Benedict Abelzhauser, Bavarian Benedictine monk and scholar
- 1697: Jean -Marie Leclair, French composer and violinist
Louis -Nicolas Davout (* 1770)
Augustin Jean Fresnel (* 1788)
Emma Herwegh (* 1817)
Fred Astaire (* 1899)
Before the 19th century
- 2001: Werner Schuster, German physician and politician
- 2001: Kurt ground squirrel, Austrian journalist
- 2002: David Riesman, U.S. sociologist
- 2003: Heinrich Schipperges, German historian of medicine
- 2003: Heinz Oestergard, German fashion designer
- 2005: Otto Steiger, Swiss writer
- 2006: Soraya, Colombian- American songwriter and singer
- 2006: Alexander Zinoviev, a Russian dissident, writer and philosopher
- 2006: John Hicks, American jazz pianist
- 2007: Horst Michna, German physician and sports scientists
- 2008: Paul Haeberlin, French three -star chef
- 2009: Maurice Edmond Müller, Swiss surgeon
- 2010: Ike Franklin Andrews, American politician
- 2010: Frank Frazetta, American fantasy and science fiction illustrator
- 2012: Horst Faas, German photographer and war correspondent
- 2012: Günther Kaufmann, a German actor
- 2012: Carroll Shelby, American race car driver and car designer
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Johann Hüglin, German pastor and martyr ( Protestant)
- St. Gordanius, Roman martyr and patron saint ( Catholic)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in May