The 14th of May is the 134th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 135th in leap years), thus still remain 231 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2004: The impeachment of South Korean President Roh Moo -hyun is abrogated by the Constitutional Court.
Science and Technology
- 2004: Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark, marries in the Church of Our Lady of Copenhagen, the Australian Mary Donaldson.
- 0964: Pope John XII. is killed. According to one tradition, he is killed by the husband of a lover.
- 1995: Tenzin Gyatsho, 14th Dalai Lama, recognizes the six-year Gêdün Qoigyi Nyima as the 11th Panchen Lama of Tibetan Buddhism.
- 2004: The Maronite monk and priest Nimatullah al - Hardini was canonized in Rome by Pope John Paul II.
Nature and Environment
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
- 2006: The Austrian Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner succeeds the ascent of Kangchenjunga. She is the first woman who has climbed nine of the 14 eight-thousanders.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0649: Theodore I, Pope
- 0873: Adalwin, Archbishop of Salzburg and Abbot of the Monastery of Saint Peter
- 0964: . John XII, Pope
- 0993: Dodo, Bishop of Münster
- 1156: Arnold II von Wied, Archbishop of Cologne
- 1219: William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke, English knight of Norman descent
- 1507: Hernando de Talavera, Spanish bishop and politician
- 1565: Florian Abel, German painter and draftsman
- 1565: Nicholas of Amsdorf, German reformer
- 1610: Henry IV, King of France
- 1643: Louis XIII, King of France from 1610 to 1643.
- 1688: Antoine Furetière, French writer, scholar and lexicographer
- 1734: Georg Ernst Stahl, German chemist and physician
- 1761: Thomas Simpson, English mathematician
- 1773: Ehrenreich Gerhard Coldewey, German scholar, jurist and poet
- 1798: David Ruhnken, Dutch scholar
- 2001: Ettore Puricelli, Uruguayan - Italian football player and coach
- 2002: José Lutz Berger, German -Brazilian politician and environmental activist
- 2003: Dave DeBusschere, American basketball player
- 2003: Otto Edelmann, Austrian singer
- 2003: Wendy Hiller, British actress
- 2004: Rudi Arndt, German politician, Mayor of Frankfurt aM, MP, Minister of State MEP
- 2004: Günter Gaus, German diplomat and journalist
- 2004: Jesús Gil y Gil, Spanish politician and businessman (Atlético Madrid)
- 2004: Carl Gustaf Ströhm, German journalist
- 2006: Günther Nenning, Austrian journalist, author, political activist and scholar of religion
- 2008: Elmar Ferber, German filmmaker, author and publisher
- 2011: Fuad Rifka, Syrian- Lebanese professor of philosophy, poet
- 2012: Ernst Hinterberger, Austrian writer and screenwriter
- 2012: Taruni Sachdeva, Indian actress
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Nicholas of Amsdorf, German theologian and bishop of Naumburg ( Protestant)
- St. Corona, Roman martyr and patron saint ( Catholic)
- Holy Apostle Matthias, scribe and Martyr ( Anglican, Catholic ( not in the German language area ) )
- St. Victor of Siena, a Roman soldier and martyr ( Catholic)
- St. Boniface of Tarsus, Martyr Roman ( Catholic)
- Name Days Boniface, Christian, Carsten
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in May