History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Ox丁丑(at the beginning of Fire Rat丙子)
Syria: 1408/ 09 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- By April: The Crusaders of the First Crusade reached Constantinople Opel.
- October 21: Beginning of the siege of Antioch by the army of the First Crusade.
- El Cid defeated the Almoravids under Ali ibn al - Haj at the Battle of Bairen.
- August: Battle of Consuegra ( Toledo province ): King Alfonso VI. of Castile and León is defeated by the Almoravids. The son of El Cid, Diego, dies in battle.
- Edgar becomes king of Scotland succeeded his uncle Donald III. and his older brother Edmund, who ruled jointly and have been driven by an Anglo -Norman army from the throne.
- Dukes of Zahringen be governor of Burgundy.
- On the Fürstenrat of Ljubetsch the Senioratsprinzip of Kievan Rus is replaced by the primogeniture.
- Consecration of the monastery Mehrerau.
- Ubaldo Allocingoli, Cardinal Bishop of Ostia, and later as Lucius III. Pope († 1185 )
- Stephen I of Blois, King of England († 1154 )
- Fujiwara no Tadamichi, eldest son of the Japanese regent († 1164 )
- To 1097: Hugh of St. Victor, a Christian theologian († 1141 )
- November 9: Erpho, Bishop of Münster
- Marpa, the founder of the Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism (* 1012)
- Odo of Bayeux, Bishop of Bayeux
- Alberto Azzo II d' Este, the progenitor of the younger Guelph (* 996 )
- Raimund Berengar II, Count of Barcelona (* 1053/54)
- Gottfried III. the Bearded, Count of Anjou and Gâtinais (* 1040 )
- Minamoto no Tsunenobu, Japanese statesman, poet and musician (* 1016)