History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of wood sheep乙未( at the beginning of the year Wood Horse甲午)
Syria: 1726/27 ( the year in October )
- Secured 2.1 Date of Death
- 2.2 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.3 Born around 1415
- 3.1 January to September
- 3.2 October to December
- 3.3 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- With the conquest of the Aargau by the Confederates makes the displacement of the Habsburgs from the Swiss territory a decisive step forward. The medieval family seat of the Habsburgs in Brugg ( AG) falls in Swiss hands.
Council of Constance
- 20 March:. Pope John XXIII, the only one of the three Popes of the Western Schism, who has participated in the Council, fled from Constance.
- April 6: The Council of Constance published the decree Haec sancta, which it places itself above the pope.
- APRIL 29: John XXIII. is arrested on the run in Freiburg and delivered to the Bohemian king Sigismund.
- May 4: The Council of Constance declared the 1384 deceased English church reformer John Wyclif a heretic and ordered to burn his bones, what is actually happening in the year 1428.
- MAY 29: The Council declares John XXIII. deposed. This is true to his deposition on 31 May.
- JULY 4: Pope Gregory XII. resigned at the insistence of the Council and shall be appointed for the papal legate for life.
- July 4: The council declared the third Pope Benedict XIII. deposed.
- July 6: Jan Hus, a Czech critic of the Church is, in spite of assurances of safe conduct over to a fiery death after almost one year in prison as a heretic.
Buddhism in Tibet
- Deshin Shegpa, 5th Karmapa of the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism, dies.
- FEBRUARY 25: Rennyo, Japanese Buddhist teacher († 1499 )
- March 14: William II, Count of Henneberg - Schleusingen († 1444 )
- September 21st. Frederick III, Holy Roman -German Emperor († 1493 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Reinoud van Brederode II, Dutch nobleman († 1473 )
- Catalano Grimaldi, Lord of Monaco ( † 1457 )
- Sai Tia Kaphut, King of Lan Chang ( † 1481 )
- John Mowbray, English nobleman, 3rd Duke of Norfolk ( † 1461 )
- Angelo Camillo Decembrio, Italian author and translator ( † after 1465 )
- John II, Count of Etampes French († 1491 )
Born around 1415
- Thüringstrasse of Ringoltingen, Swiss writer († 1483 )
- Andreas Walsperger, German cartographer
- James Hamilton, English nobleman, 1st Lord Hamilton ( † 1479 )
- Muhammad X., Moorish Emir of Granada ( † 1454)
January to September
- April 7: Hinrich Westhof, German Mayor of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck
- APRIL 12:. Walram III, French nobleman, Constable of France (c. 1357 )
- July 6: Jan Hus, Czech Christian reformer (c. 1369 )
October to December
- October 25: Charles I d' Albret, Count of Dreux French
- October 25: Robert of Bar, French count of Soissons, Marle (* 1390 )
- October 25: Jean IV de Bueil, French count of Bueil -en- Touraine (* 1365 )
- October 25: Antoine of Burgundy, Duke of Brabant, Limburg and Luxembourg (* 1384 )
- October 25: Jean de Montaigu, French bishop of Chartres and Archbishop of Sens
- October 25: Philip II of Nevers, a French Count of Nevers (* 1389 )
- October 25: Edward of Norwich, English nobleman, 2nd Duke of York (c. 1373 )
- October 25: Michael de la Pole, English nobleman, 3rd Earl of Suffolk (* 1394)
- October 25:. Eduard III, French Duke of Bar (* 1377 )
- October 25: John I, French Duke of Alencon (* 1385 )
- October 25:. John VI, Count of Roucy French and Braine
More death unknown
- Michael de la Pole, English nobleman, 2nd Earl of Suffolk (* 1367 )
- Manuel Chrysoloras, Byzantine diplomat and philologist (c. 1353 )
- Rudolf von Mecklenburg- Stargard, German bishop of Schwerin
- Gadifer de la Salle, a French knight and Conqueror ( * 1340)
- Deshin Shegpa, Tibetan Buddhist and 5th Karmapa (* 1384 )
- Jakub Matějův ze Soběslavi, Czech scholar
- Edo Wiemken the Elder, the first East Frisian chieftain of Östringen and Rüstringen
- Master of Trebon, Czech painter
- Bernhard VI. , Ruler of the reign lip ( * 1370 )