• Schulz village

Heiligensee is located in western part of the twelfth district Reinigendorf.

  • 6.1 Public transport
  • 6.2 private transport
  • 6.3 Historical


The original village is situated on a peninsula between the Havel and the eponymous Heiligensee. Meanwhile, the district along the Havel River extends further south to the hamlet Konradshöhe.

The northern and western boundary corresponds to that of Berlin: The city borders on the district of Upper Havel with the cities Hennig village (district Stolpe -south) and Hohen Neuendorf (district Stolpe ). On the eastern side Heiligensee adjacent to Berlin -Tegel and on the northeast side of Berlin- Frohnau. Heiligensee includes the small local village location Schulz. A natural barrier forms the Tegel forest in the east and south and the Niederneuendorfer Sea to the west.

The Tree Mountains ( formerly The Bumberg ) are a special feature in Heiligensee. It is an inland dune landscape that was the end of the last ice age. In the period after the Second World War, the tree mountains were used until the 1980s as a French maneuver area. The French were then allied protecting power in Reinickendorf.


The first recorded settlement of the Holy lake was about 2000 BC rather than Germanic Semnones. They have been replaced by 700 AD by Slavic Apply. Around 1230, German settlers built the road Angersdorf Heiligensee, where since 1352 no later than one yard of von Bredow with initially ten duty-free hooves is detectable (1450: 16 hooves ); the von Bredow had to pay for the Margrave vassal service. In 1308 Heiligensee is first mentioned as Hyelegense. 1352, the Court is called the von Bredow. In the Land Book of Charles IV ( 1375 ) is mentioned Heyligense, Heyligensee, Hilgensey and Hilgense, with a total of 61 hooves, four parish hooves and six duty-free hooves of Lehnschulzen who has to keep a Lehnspferd. The village had a jug. Express ferry is mentioned. Heiligensee gained since the end of the 14th century and the growing prominence because it was the then highly frequented pilgrimage Berlin- Wilsnack.

Since October 1, 1920 Heiligensee is a part of Berlin. In August / September 2008 Heiligensee celebrated with numerous events its 700th anniversary, mostly around the historic village green. Here, a stele of the Berlin artist Kai Dräger with a fence of art blacksmith, Jupp Kaiser was unveiled by the then District Mayor Marlies Wanjura on 12 September 2008.


Until the 20th century the inhabitants of the Holy lake lived largely on the income of agriculture. Of which still bear witness to the managed Südfeld at the Holy lake road and the midfield in the street Am Brockhouse.

In the 1930s, the Borsig settlement was established, in which the workers of Borsigwerke lived.

Today, the company Underberg fills at the Hennigsdorfer road, among other things their Boonekamp. On the neighboring premises, the company Tetra Pak manufactures its known packages.

The former tram depot is the last commercial plot at the historic village of Alt- Heiligensee. From 1989 to 2003 there was the stone restoration and stonemasonry Steinforum his seat By April 2009, there was the Prometheus Project GmbH established a company providing innovative IT and CNC technology combines with traditional craftsmanship. In October 2008, the property was sold by the Real Estate Fund Berlin to a real estate management company.


Between 1939 and 1978 the well-known collage artist Hannah Höch lived in her house on the wild 33 In the former tram depot on the historic village green (Alt - Heiligensee 73-75 ) from 1989 to 2008, the artist and sculptor Kai Dräger established his studio.

Public institutions


  • Parents initiative Daycare Rainbow Children eV, sand Straße 145
  • Roof Children eV, Am Dachsbau 3-5, daycare with naturverbundenem concept.
  • Protestant village kindergarten, Alt- Heiligensee 45-47
  • Evangelical Church Kita forest, Stolp mouths way 35-43
  • Montessori Children's House Zwergenstube V., On Bärensprung 42
  • Kita Havel mice Hennigsdorfer Road 130

Primary schools

In Heiligensee includes the following primary schools:

  • The Ellef - Ringnes Elementary School ( 17 to 1967 primary school ) in Stolp mouths way 45
  • The Otfried - Preußler Elementary School (2010 Heiligensee from the Primary School and the drake Elementary School merged ) in the Schulz Straße 99-101
  • The primary part of the Martin Luther King Support Centre (grades 3-6 ) in Stolp mouths way 47
  • The Montessori school Heiligensee, spare private school (founded in 2012), In Bärensprung 58

High school

In short Bracker way 40-46 the Albrecht Haushofer High School, a secondary school is located.

Diakonia device

In Schulz village, close to S-Bahn station of the same name, founded in 1966, is the Diakonia Centre. The special feature of this center is the social cooperation between people of different age groups and layers. So, people help each other with professional support.

On the grounds of the Diakonia Centre is located since December 2010, the Democratic School X (Community private school ) and the Montessori school Heiligensee.


In the former anti-aircraft barracks of 1937 in the Ruppin Chaussee 268, the open prison Heiligensee is over 240 detention places.

Fire department

In Alt- Heiligensee the middle of the historic village green is the old fire station the volunteer fire department of Heiligensee. Here also the regular exercises are held.


There are three parishes in Heiligensee, two of whom are Protestant and a Catholic Christian:

  • The Church of St. Mary of the Catholic community located in the Schulz Straße 74-78 near the drake elementary school. The church belongs since 1 July 2004 to the Catholic church of the Sacred Heart, whose parish church and parsonage are located in Tegel.
  • The Church of the Lutheran Matthias -Claudius - community is located in the Schulzendorfer 19-21.

The other two churches belonging to Protestant church Heiligensee, are

  • On the Village Green in Old Heiligensee ( village church Heiligensee ) and
  • In the Borsig settlement in Stolp mouths way 35-43 ( Forest Church ) next to the Ellef - Ringnes Elementary School.

Furthermore, a religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses gathered in their own room at Mattenbuder path 21

Forest church in the settlement Borsig

Matthias -Claudius - church

St. Mary's Church

Recreational facilities

In Heiligensee there are numerous youth centers and playgrounds. Such as

  • The Walter -May- school camp at Elchdamm in the tree mountains,
  • The youth center on the village green and
  • The outdoor pool Heiligensee in the sand Straße 132-140.


Public transport

The route of the railway Kremmener performs Heiligensee, in the area of the district are the stations Schulz village ( b Tegel) and Heiligensee. Here, on line S25, the S- Bahn Berlin. Furthermore Heiligensee is opened during the day with the bus lines 124, 133 ( Tegel ) and 324 ( direction Konradshöhe ) and with the night bus routes N24 and N22.

Private transport

Almost parallel to the railroad track leads since 1987 the A 111 as European route 26 through the district. The connection is via the junction 3 - Schulzendorfer road. Until the fall of the wall was located at the level of the police barracks on this route and the border checkpoint Heiligensee in the GDR.


In 1840, a milestone in today Ruppin Road with the inscription was " MILES II to BERLIN" built. With "Berlin " is referring to his time on the Oranienburger Tor and a Prussian mile is a distance of approximately 7.53 kilometers. This milestone can be seen there today.

In the Middle Ages a ferry sailed the narrowest point of the Niederneuendorfer lake and hence connected the villages Heiligensee and Niederneuendorf. This is evidenced today the naming of the two roads: Fährweg 'on Niederneuendorfer page and, Fährstraße ' on Heiligenseer page. With construction of a bridge in the village Hennig in 1506 but went less and less people on the ferry. The Fährrecht at this point is, however, still to this day.

After the Second World War, the Soviet occupation was a temporary bridge which was demolished a few years later.

On 29 May 1913, the tram in the community Heiligensee opened Havel their operation and connected the village with Heiligensee Tegel on the former Cherry Avenue (today: Holy lake road ). Of this still shows the old - now under a preservation order - depot at the village green (Alt - Heiligensee 73-75 ) and the wide green strip along the lake road saints. 1920 took over the Great Berlin tram with the incorporation of the village of Gross- Berlin and the tram. Due to the opening of the subway line U6 in Tegel tram on June 1, 1958 were adjusted. From that point on took over buses that route.

In the period before the First World War, a small airfield in Schulz village between the road today was in drake and reason to the wild. The inauguration took place on 19 July 1911. On May 29, 1913 Producing a public air display was held. In late 1914, the military took over the premises, but used it only a short time. 1919, the airfield was abandoned and converted to settlement area.

Village church tower from the time of 1708-1713

Village church, the nave from the 15th/16th. century

Alt- Heiligensee 45/47 (old vicarage )

Alt- Heiligensee 56 (former school house from 1896 )

Alt- Heiligensee 67 ( restaurant " village green " of 1869, Hall 1888 )

Alt- Heiligensee 68 (former office building of 1910)

Alt- Heiligensee 71 ( oldest residential buildings from the period of 1740 to 1786 )

Alt- Heiligensee 77/79 ( stable building of 1875)

Heiligenseer field