Lambertâ€“St. Louis International Airport
I1 i3 i5
I7 i10 i12
The Lambert -Saint Louis International Airport is the main airport for St. Louis, Missouri and surrounding areas. It is located 21 km northwest of the city center.
The airport was built in 1920 by Albert Bond Lambert at the site of balloon launch site " Kinloch Field " and sold in 1927 to the city of St. Louis. During the Second World War the airfield as a production facility for the McDonnell Aircraft Corporation and the Curtiss- Wright Corporation was used. After the war, a reconstruction, which was completed in 1956 began.
The Lambert -Saint Louis International Airport 2000 had a passenger volume of 30.5 million, which plummeted by 2003 to 20.4 million. The reason was the acquisition of TWA by American Airlines. TWA had its corporate headquarters in St. Louis and used the airport as the main hub.