Lamlash (Gaelic: An t - Eilean Ard ) is the largest town on the Scottish island of Arran in the Unitary Authority North Ayrshire. She clings to the Lamlash Bay, a side bay of the Firth of Clyde, on the east side of Arran. Brodick, the main town of the island and ferry terminal, located about six kilometers to the north. The village stretches along the A841, the main road of Arran.
The Port of Lamlash is protected by the opposite Holy Isle. In the past there put steamships on to Brodick, Ardrossan, Greenock and Rothesay. Today Lamlash is as a holiday of significance. In the second half of the 20th century, the population of Lamlash nearly doubled. So 528 people were counted in 1961, while there were already 2001 1010.
In Lamlash currently are two buildings of the highest Scottish monument category A. The Neo-Gothic Lamlash and Kilbride Parish Church in 1886 at the behest of William Douglas - Hamilton, 12th Duke of Hamilton built. It is located near the shore in the center of the village. Further north lies the building line 1-27 Hamilton Terrace, which originated in the late 19th century, designed by the Scottish architect John James Burnet.