Nadrauen, Old Prussian Nadrawa, Lithuanian Nadruva was a canton of the Old Prussians / Prussians later in East Prussia. Nadrauen lay to the east of the Deime and thus bordered on the west by the Sambia and Natangen, on the north by Schalauen, to the south by Barten and Galindow and on the east by Sudauen. The name describes the landscape ( " na - drawa ": as where it flows ), which was characterized by impenetrable jungles and swamps, wet " Grauden " and clearance "Lady Rauen " with bush forests. The most important city of this region is Insterburg.
Nadrauen was conquered by Wehlau starting in 1276 by the Teutonic Order. 1275 Kamswykus already been taken. From the middle of the 15th century also samogitische and Lithuanian settlers came to the country and formed with the remaining Old Prussian Nadrauern ( Lithuanian nadruviai ) the so-called Prussian- Lithuanian mixed population of the area. After the " Great Plague " in the early 18th century the country was repopulated with settlers from Germany, Switzerland and Salzburg, to compensate for the loss of human life.
Today Nadrauen is in the field of Russian Kaliningrad Oblast.
After the fake legend invented by the pseudo historian Simon Grunau Nadrau was the fourth son of King Widowuto, who received the land between Skara ( Pregel ), Boiko and Curtono. He built a fortress, which he called Staymto.
In the northern East Prussia, a separate dialect formed out by the refugees from Polotsk and Lithuania, the so-called Prussian - Lithuanian. The nadrauische dialect should be closest to the Old Prussian.
Our Father in Insterburgischen dialect (after preacher Hennig )
- Tewe musu, course essi Danguje,
- Buk szwenczamas Wardas Tavo,
- Ateik Tavo Karalijste;
- Buk Tavo Walle kaip Daguje, taip ir to Zemes;
- Duna musu dieniszka duk mums ir Diena sze;
- Atleisk mums musu Cold, kaip mes atoeidzjam sawo Kaltiems;
- Ne wesk mus Pagundima;
- Bet gelbek mus nu Picto.
Our Father in nadrauischen dialect (after Simon Praetorius )
- Tiewe musu, Kursa tu essi Debsissa,
- Szwints tiest taws Wards;
- Tawas Praats buk kaip Debbesissa taibant wirszu Sjemes;
- Musu dieniszka May e duk mums ir szen Dienan;
- Atmesk mums musu Griekus, kaip mes pammetam musi Pardokonteimus;
- Ne te Wedde mus Baidykle;
- Bet te pass arge mus mi Wissa Louna ( Pikta )