Oshkosh is a city at the mouth of the Fox River into Lake Winnebago in Winnebago County, Wisconsin.
Oshkosh was named for the Menominee chief Oshkosh, whose name means " claw" means. Oshkosh is a city since 1853.
Oshkosh is the venue for the Oshkosh Airshow (EAA AirVenture Oshkosh ), fly to the annual 10,000-15,000 aircraft.
- Lee Baxandall, writer, translator and activist Nudismusbewegung
- John Harmon, composer, jazz pianist and music educator
- Lewis Hine, drawing teacher, social worker and photographer
- Arthur Carl Lichtenberger, Presiding Bishop and head of the Episcopal Church in the United States
- Kevin B. MacDonald, Professor of Psychology at California State University, Long Beach
- Dylan Postl, wrestler, better known under the name Hornswoggle
- Carl Laemmle, founder of Hollywood. Founder of Universal Studios
In Oshkosh, the Oshkosh Truck Corporation, a manufacturer of trucks, and OshKosh B'Gosh, a manufacturer of children's clothing, a resident.
The company Basler Turbo Conversions is an aviation technology company, specializes in the conversion of Douglas DC-3 transport aircraft to turboprops (see Basler BT -67). The group also has the subsidiary Basler Flight Services and Basler Airlines.
Oshkosh is also the Mecca of private and hobby pilots. It is the headquarters of the EAA ( Experimental Aircraft Association ), a large nonprofit organization that there organized her famous aviator meetings annually.