Oxnard is the largest city in Ventura County in the U.S. state of California, United States, with 192 997 inhabitants ( 2006). The metropolitan area has a size of 94.8 km ².
It was founded in the late 19th century and takes its name from a sugar beet refinery. Worth seeing is the Carnegie Cultural Arts Center, now home to the Museum with archaeological collections, formerly Library and City Hall.
Sons and daughters of the town
- William Patrick Clark, politicians
- Jeffrey Combs, actor
- Philip Giebler, race car driver
- Homer Keller, composer and music educator
- Madlib, producer and rapper
- Sam McVey, Heavyweight Boxer
- Corey Pavin, professional golfer
- Fernando Vargas, Boxer
- Wild Child, Rapper