Rudow [ ʁu ː do ː ] is a district in the Neukölln district of Berlin. Formerly included the Gropius city partially Rudow; November 5, 2001, she is spun off as a separate district.


Rudow is the southernmost district of Neukölln. It is bordered on the north by the districts of Britz and Baumschulenweg, on the west by Buckow and Gropius City, to the east by Johannistal and Altglienicke and on the south by the lying in Brandenburg places Schönefeld and Großziethen.


Documented the site, first mentioned in 1373. Archaeological finds from the period around or even before 1200 indicate a late Slavic Vorbesiedlung, ie so that there is local continuity. The unusual street village had two parallel streets that point to two settlement centers (now Alt- Rudow and Prieroser road). Brandenburg's name book derives the name from a polabischen basic form " Rudov " to Proto-Slavic " Ruda " ( = red earth 'or' Eisenstein '). The latter was basic form with the suffix "- ov " for toponym.

The ownership were very fragmented, the ownership history is very complicated. 1375, the village had 64 hooves, of which the pastor had four Freienhufen and the church a Freihufe. After a deed of gift by Margrave Otto V of the Knights Beteke Dier corner had 14 free hooves ( of which three were hooves leased ), Gyse Dier corner had seven Freienhufen, Henry Schenck ten Freienhufen, Claus Duseke eight hooves, of which he had to pay taxes, citizens foam in Coelln had twelve Freienhufen, Cüne Dyben five Freienhufen (of three hooves were to pay taxes to Mrs. Duseke ) and three rural hooves. In addition, there were 16 Kossätenhöfe, a pitcher and a mill. The car services ( to the castle Mittenwalde ), the upper and the lower court and the patronage of the church was in 1375 still in the possession of the Marquis, but pledged to a Blumenhagen. The village rule came in 1652 at the electoral office Köpenick. 1671 was a part that Gutsvorwerk, the electoral consultants Sigismund von Heyde Kamp before King Frederick I in 1702 Rudow earned again and incorporated it into the office Köpenick. After the dissolution of the Office Köpenick Rudow belonged from 1811 to 1872 to the Official Mühlenhof.

Presumably, the sons of the Great Elector goes back a hunting lodge built in 1680, which was founded in 1704 called one of the finest summer-houses of the King ( Castle Rudow ). Small residuals of the complex are still preserved in the house No. 48 on the Prierosser road, but barely recognizable by intervening changes, except the smoke conduits on the baroque domed roof. Center of the village was the village church, a running fieldstone rectangular hall building from the second half of the 13th century, however, the multi - was drastically changed and after severe war damage in 1954 was given its present form - most recently in 1909. Dating from around 1800, the typical village inn Alt- Rudow 59-61 has received, while the wealthy have become peasants could build elaborate Wohnhausbauten mostly in the last third of the 19th century. A good example of this is the Kopenickerstrasse 180 In 1900 the Rudow station on the Neukölln - Mittenwald railway was opened, the station building is still preserved today. The Gutsbezirk in 1906 combined with the rural community and belonged to the circle Teltow. Also on the 1920 was incorporation to Greater Berlin Rudow also managed to retain its rural character essentially.

Rudow came in 1945 with Neukölln American sector. The pinch-off from West Berlin by the GDR increased the traffic unfavorable peripheral location. The station was the terminus since 1948, passenger services were set in 1955, the tram in 1966. The connection to the subway was only with the construction of Gropius city, the subway station Rudow was opened in 1972.

Since the opening of the border Rudow is due to the proximity to Schönefeld Airport and the connection to the motorway slip road for the A113 and the Berliner Ring in Altglienicke - significantly impacted from traffic - in particular in the course of state road 179, on Neuköllnerstrasse and Walter Chaussee. In addition, the Rudow fields are provided as the urban expansion areas for the new building from 1700 to 2000 dwellings. At the time of the last census in 1987 in West Berlin Rudow had about 48,000 inhabitants.

At the border to Treptow in the east lie on the Teltow Canal some industrial facilities, such as a wood heating plant of the company ECT energy and local - Technologie GmbH, supplies the large parts of the Gropius city with heat and hot water. A popular destination is the resultant of a pile of rubble 70 meters high Rudow height at Glashütte way with a large toboggan run. From the old village to the city limits on Kleinziethener way the renatured Rudow flow runs. The southernmost part of the district - and the entire district Neukölln - is a former garbage dump, according to a park-like remodeling the name Dörferblick ( height 85 m ) received.

In the following example, the " monastery pharmacy " in Alt - Rudow the changes in the cityscape are to understand:

  • " Monastery pharmacy "

Around 1956



  • Village church Rudow

→ See also: List of cultural monuments in Berlin- Rudow


  • Rudow flow
  • Rudow height
  • Dörferblick
  • Rudow grove
  • Espen slough
  • North Park
  • South Park
  • Landscape Park Rudow height ( compensation area for A 113- new )
  • Bird sanctuary on Wildmeister dam, also called Rudow Grove: It was created in 1872 by game master Hugo Luther on behalf of Kaiser Wilhelm I. deer, rabbits and many species of birds soon found themselves in the 600 meters long and up to 100 meter wide area. The construction of the Gropius City of bird species of wildlife were strong and completely back. It grow different deciduous trees.


  • TSV Rudow 1888
  • CFL Berlin Hockey 1965
  • Rudow Kickers
  • Green-White Neukölln
  • Sportfreunde Neukölln Rudow
  • BFC Rudow 2006
  • Riders Club Rudow eV


  • Primary school on Lilac Bush
  • Matthias -Claudius - primary school
  • Clay High School
  • Schliemann Primary School
  • Hermann-von -Helmholtz - high school
  • Michael -end primary school
  • Hannah Arendt school
  • Rose- Oehmichen Primary School

Prominent Rudow

  • Paul Conrath (1896-1979), General
  • Arno Funke ( born 1950 ), blackmailer, a cartoonist
  • Hans- Christian Hausmann (* 1976), politician ( CDU)
  • Heinrich Stahl (1868-1942), Chairman of the Jewish Community of Berlin
  • Christian Goat ( b. 1972 ), football player