Stevens Institute of Technology
The Stevens Institute of Technology is the fourth- oldest technical university in America. The private university located in Hoboken, New Jersey, United States. Current President of the University is Nariman Farvardin. It is one of the leading technical universities in the United States. As the first university in 1982, it undertook any freshmen to own a personal computer.
- Wesley J. Howe School of Technology Management
- School of Systems & Enterprises
- College of Arts & Letters
The University was founded in 1870 because of the last will of Edwin A. Stevens, the son of the steamship and railroad pioneer John Stevens. Originally the university was aimed at mechanical engineering. Model of the university was the model of the German and French technical universities.
- Samuel Prescott Bush, grandfather and great-grandfather of U.S. President
- Alexander Calder, visual artist
- Alfred Fielding, inventor of bubble wrap (bubble wrap )
- Henry Gantt, who developed the Gantt chart
- Irving Langmuir, Nobel Prize winner
- Eugene McDermott, cofounder of Texas Instruments
- Charles Stewart Mott, co-founder of General Motors and Buick
- Frederick Reines, Nobel Laureate
- Frederick Winslow Taylor, founder of scientific management theory