Suranaree University of Technology
The Suranaree University of Technology, SUT ( Thai มหาวิทยาลัย เทคโนโลยี สุร นารี, RTGS: Mahawitthayalai Theknoloyi Suranari translated: "Technical University Suranari ") is a public university located in Nakhon Ratchasima. Nakhon Ratchasima is located in the northeast region of Thailand ( Isan ). The University is named after Thao Suranari, the local heroine of Nakhon Ratchasima.
The Suranaree University of Technology is located on a begradeten forest area of Huay Yang reservoirs in the southwest of the provincial capital Nakhon Ratchasima. The area of the campus is 1120 acres which corresponds to 11.2 km ².
The Suranaree University was from the Ministry of University Affairs (now Office of Commission on Higher Education, part of the Thai Ministry of Education ), founded in 1984 as Suranaree College. For lack of universities in the region, the Cabinet of the Government of Thailand decided by Prime Minister General Chatichai Choonhavan September 13, 1988 to appoint five regional colleges to universities, including the Suranaree College. The new status and name has officially announced the Suranaree University of Technology has been in the Royal Gazette, legally by law, this was three days later on 30 July 1990. Manager of the new Suranaree University on 27 July 1990 Prof. Dr. Wichit Srisa - of. The SUT was the first public autonomous university in Thailand.
The University colors are orange and gold, the University of tree is the Radermachera ignea (short ) Steenis ( Thai: Thon Pip Thong, ต้น ปี บ ทอง )
President of the SUT is Prof. Dr. Wichit Srisa -an ( ศาสตราจารย์ ดร. วิจิตร ศรี ส อ้า น ), Rector of SUT is Prof. Dr. Prasart Suebka ( ศ. ดร. ประสาท สืบ ค้า ). The SUT offer both bachelor 's, master's and doctoral studies. The SUT employs 1024 staff (as of 2010 ), of which 266 with Dr. title, 132 with master's degree, 409 with bachelor's degree and 217 other employees.
The University has six academic institutions:
- Institute of Natural Sciences Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biology Department of Classical biology
- Department of Microbiology
- Institute of Agricultural Technology Department of Plant, seed, crop production technology
- Department of Livestock and livestock
- Department of Food Technology
- Department of biotechnology
- Institute of Social Technology Faculty of Information Technology
- Department of English
- Department of management
- Institute of Medicine Faculty of Medicine
- Department of Occupational Safety and Health (Health and Safety )
- Department of Environmental Hygiene
- Institute for Nursing
- Institute of Engineering Science Department of Agriculture and Food Technology
- Department of Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering
- Department of computer engineering and computer science technical
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical and Plant Engineering
- Department of Ceramic Technology
In the QS World University Ranking 2013 Suranaree University of Technology, the fourth, in the agriculture and forestry science to fifth place within Thailand finished in physics and astronomy.