University of Buenos Aires
Template: Infobox college / staff missing template: Infobox university / professors missing
The Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA, University of Buenos Aires ) is the largest university in Argentina. It was founded on 12 August 1821 and consists of 14 faculties, 6 hospitals, 10 museums and secondary schools Colegio Nacional de Buenos Aires, Instituto Libre de Segunda Enseñanza and Escuela Superior de Comercio Carlos Pellegrini.
Despite its size, the UBA has no central campus. Although it had plans for a Ciudad Universitaria, a university " city ", but these were never fully implemented for lack of funds. Currently, there are only three of the 14 departments on this campus on the northeastern edge of the city. The other faculties are spread across the entire city.
The following alumni of UBA have received a Nobel Prize:
- Carlos Saavedra Lamas (1878-1959), Nobel Peace Prize (1936 )
- Bernardo Alberto Houssay (1887-1971), physiology (1947 )
- Luis Federico Leloir (1906-1987), Chemistry ( 1970)
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, Maria ( born 1931 ), Nobel Peace Prize (1980 )
- César Milstein (1927-2002), Medicine ( 1984)
Others are well-known former students or teachers
- Franz Stephan Griese (1889-1953), German linguistics professor of English and French
- Luis Moreno Ocampo ( born 1952 ), lawyer and prosecutor of the International Criminal Court
- Ernesto " Che " Guevara (1928-1967), studied medicine here, before he was a communist revolutionary
- Johanna J. Danis ( * 1922 ) studied psychology here, where he was Professor of Personality Psychology
- Jorge Bucay ( b. 1949 ), author, psychiatrist and Gestalt therapist
State of the faculties
In terms of architecture, location and amenities are partly considerable differences between the individual faculties. The most extreme examples are the law school and the social sciences. The law school is centrally located in the upscale Recoleta neighborhood. Your column architecture is reminiscent of a Greek temple and the building contains numerous works of art and even a concert hall. The social science faculty, however, is split into several partly dilapidated buildings in different neighborhoods. The state of the device and the sanitation is described on the official website of the faculty and students in many blogs as " catastrophic."