Aghireşu (deprecated Aghires; Erldorf German, Hungarian Egeres ) is a municipality in the district of Cluj in Transylvania, Romania.
Aghireşu is also among the Romanian outdated names Aghireşul and Gara Şorecani and the Hungarian Kalotaszeg and known Nadas instruments.
The community Aghireşu located in the west of the Transylvanian Basin, west of Cluj mountains. In historical Cluj county on Bach Nadas - a left tributary of the Somesul Mic ( Small Somes ) -, the railway line Oradea - Cluj- Napoca and the county road (drum Judetean ) DJ 108C located, the place is located 27 kilometers east of the town Huedin; the county capital of Cluj ( Cluj ) is located about 30 kilometers southeast of Aghireşu away.
Covering an area of 9,945 hectares are the ten eingemeindeten villages that are accessible for the most part on gravel roads, 2.5-15 kilometers away from the community center. On the grounds of the village Aghireşu two abandoned mines are a ventilation shaft and underground workings. 69 % of the municipal area is used for agriculture. Due to frequent landslides in the region 80 % of houses have cracks in the walls. Most of the north Aghireşu located, eingemeindeten villages Dancu (Hungarian thanks) and Ticu - Colonie (Hungarian Ferencbánya ) are affected.
The place Aghireşu was first mentioned in 1263, was a Hungarian village and belonged to Manastur ( Attersee ). Based on archaeological finds northwest of Aghireşu, mentioned in one of the locals Valea Capronţa (Hungarian Kaproncavölgy ) valley, according to K. Torma the history of the settlement of the region, however backdate to the Roman period.
(Hungarian Bogártelke ) as well as several incorporated villages Ticu ( Hochbrunn ) and Bagara found coal - the end of the 18th century on the site of the village Aghireşu - at that time under the name Şorecani. Opened in 1850, the first Kohlebergwerg; From 1878, the promotion was intensified. After several ownership changes in a short time the delivered volume increased from 2,931 tons in 1903, within six years to 35 829 tons of coal; the peak of production was reached in 1927 with 92 492 tonnes. In 1948 the mines were under state administration; the coal was mined until 1970 /71 closed the mines afterwards.
End of the 19th century on the site of eingemeindeten village Leghia (fir village) promoted gypsum and limestone (46 ° 50 'N, 23 ° 11' O46.8402923.18864 ). 1880 Opened T. Krammer the first gypsum mill in Aghireşu - Fabrici; today was opened in 1911.
In the 1850 census, lived on the territory of the present municipality of 3,621 people. 1,292 of these were Romanians, 2115 Hungarians, three German, 146 Roma and 56 others. The highest population ( 9,075 ) - and at the same time the Romanians ( 4698 ) - was reached in 1977. The highest number of Hungary ( 4,832 ) in 1941, the Germans ( 48) in 1890 and the Roma (344 ) in 1992 determined. In addition, identified themselves with almost every recording some residents as Ukrainians ( up to four), Serbs ( up to three) and Slovaks (32 in 1930 ). 2002 there were in the church Aghireşu 7,120 people, of whom 3,934 Romanians, 2,908 Hungarians, 272 Roma, four Ukrainians and two German.
The community is officially bilingual. Romanian and Hungarian are used in public signage, education, justice and public administration.
- The ruins of the castle Bocskai (1571 ).
- The Catholic Church, built in the 13th century and rebuilt in the 16th; the ship is the grave stone of Gábor Bocskai ( 1616).
- The Laguna Albastra (46 ° 53 'N, 23 ° 17' O46.8898523.29063, " Blue Lagoon " ), a lake about 4.5 km ( air line) north-east of Aghireşu removed, as well as several lakes, formed by quartz sand and Kaolinförderung.
- The wooden church Sf. Arhangheli Mihail şi Gavriil (1780 ) from the village Văleni (municipality Calatele ) were prepared in Aghireşu.
- The wooden church Nasterea Maicii Domnului (1885 ) from the village Dumbrava (municipality Capusu Mare) was erected in the village eingemeindeten Aghireşu - Fabrici (Hungarian Egeres - Gyártelep ).
- The wooden church Sf. Arhangheli, started in 1641, in eingemeindeten village Ticu.
- The wooden church Sf. Varvara (ca. 1735) from the village Tamasa (municipality Cuzăplac, Kr Salaj ) was set up in 1935 in eingemeindeten village Ticu - Colonie. In the church wall paintings can be seen from 1775.
Wooden church in Aghireşu
Wooden church in Aghireşu - Fabrici
Orthodox Church in Aghireşu - Fabrici
Wooden church in Ticu
Wooden church in Ticu - Colonie