Artforum is an international art magazine. It is published ten times per year, monthly from September to May, along with an annual summer issue.
The magazine Artforum, company name Artforum International Magazine, was founded in 1962 in San Francisco. 1965 pulled the editors to Los Angeles. 1967, the company moved to New York. 1974 saw the November issue for a scandal when a Artforum copyright protected Centerfoldwerbung ( expandable inner image ) the artist Lynda Benglis published in which they einschob a dildo. Since 2003, Tim Griffin is the editor.
Thematically they walked from the late modernity towards minimalism and contemporary art. Apart from detailed articles and reviews of contemporary art, the magazine also features book reviews and columns on cinema and popular culture.
- Daniel Birnbaum
- Mel Bochner, wrote four essays from 1967 to 1973.
- Yve -Alain Bois
- Dennis Cooper
- John Coplans, co-founder and from 1962 to 1977 in different ways Publisher
- Charles Cowles, publishers, 1965-1979.
- Arthur C. Danto
- Hollis Frampton, avant-garde filmmaker first September 1971, six essays in 1974.
- Michael Fried, author since 1965, contributing editor, from 1966 to 1973.
- Clement Greenberg,
- Nancy Holt
- A. M. Homes
- Gary Indiana
- Donald Judd
- Max Kozloff. Closely linked from 1964-1977; Author, associate editor, contributing editor (1967-1970; 1971/1972), then in charge of book reviews, and executive editor 1975 until 1977.
- Rosalind Krauss. Author since 1966, contributing editor from 1971 to 1975.
- Unfortunately, Philip. Founder of Artforum (1962 ) and editor, editor, until 1971.
- Lucy Lippard. Author since 1964.
- Greil Marcus
- Annette Michelson, contributing editor since 1966, from 1972 to 1975 in charge of film and performance.
- James Monte, co-founder and editor, author.
- Robert Morris, a minimum of eight essays by 1966 until 1974.
- Robert Pincus - Witten. Author since 1965, contributing editor since 1969, associate editor since 1971, senior editor since 1973.
- Peter Plagens, author since 1966, contributing editor since 1971, associate editor of the West Coast since 1974. -
- Carter Ratcliff. Author.
- Barbara Rose, author and contributing editor, from 1965 to 1973. 26 items.
- Robert Smithson, eight essays
- Amy Taubin
- Sidney Tillim, contributing editor, from 1965 to 1970. During this period, 19 articles
- Angela Westwater, managing editor, from 1972 to 1975.