Cornwall is a city in Eastern Ontario, Canada and at the same time the seat of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties. It is the easternmost city of Ontario located on the St. Lawrence River, the Quebec City -Windsor corridor and Highway 401
Cornwall is located about 100 km southeast of Ottawa, Canada's capital, 100 km south-west of Montréal and 450 km northeast of Toronto. It is bordered on the west by South Stormont, on the north by South Dundas, on the east by South Glengarry southwest on the USA (New York). The city's offshore island Cornwall Iceland is part of a reserve of Akwesasne Mohawk Nation, which is otherwise entirely in New York and Quebec. The border crossing on the island made in 2009 for voltages between Akwesasne and Canadian authorities.
The city was named after the English county of Cornwall.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Newsy Lalonde (1887-1970), Canadian ice hockey player
- Corb Denneny (1896-1963), Canadian ice hockey player
- Duncan McNaughton (1910-1998), Canadian track and field athlete
- Orval Tessier ( born 1933), Canadian ice hockey player
- Alain Chevrier ( born 1961 ), Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender
- Chad Kilger (born 1976 ), Canadian ice hockey player
- Brock Miron ( b. 1980 ), Canadian speed skater
- Scott Champagne ( b. 1983 ), Canadian ice hockey player
- Location in Ontario
- Location in North America
- Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties