Florida State University
In autumn 2010 40.838 students were enrolled.
Well-known professors from Florida State University include the Nobel Prize for Chemistry Harold Kroto, Nobel laureate in Physics John Robert Schrieffer, the psychologist Roy Baumeister, the chemist Robert A. Holton and Michael Kasha. Also, the physics Nobel laureate Paul Dirac and the musician Ernst von Dohnányi were professors at FSU.
The College Football Florida State Seminoles play in the Atlantic Coast Conference. In the years 1993 and 1999 they won under coach Bobby Bowden, the nationwide championship and 2014 under coach Jimbo Fisher. The Doak Campbell Stadium Stadium has a seating capacity of 83,500. The athletics team in the men won the NCAA championship in 2006 and 2008 your top athlete Walter Dix won the bronze medals in the 100 -. 200 - meter race at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
- Allen Boyd - politicians
- Sam Cassell - Basketball Player
- Janice Cayman - Soccer Player
- Charlie Crist - politician and former Governor of Florida
- Brad Johnson - American Football Player
- Stephen Montague - Composer
- Scott Player - American football player
- Burt Reynolds - Actor
- Isabella Schmid, soccer player
- Isaiah Swann - Basketball Player
- Robin Swicord - Film director and screenwriter
- Norman Earl Thagard - Astronaut
- Mark Tremonti - Guitar
- Bjoern Werner - American football player