The Gold Coast Marathon is a marathon, which takes place in Gold Coast since 1979. It is adjacent to the Melbourne Marathon is the largest in Australia. The program includes in addition to a half marathon since 1996, a 10-km and since 2009 a 5 - km run.
Start and finish all routes in Southport. The marathon consists of two turning point routes: The first runs south through Surfers Paradise after Burleigh Heads and back; the second is identical to the 10 - km race and leads north to Runaway Bay.
The half marathon is a turning point distance which is identical to the 10 - km route in the first part and then continue northward reverses in Paradise Point.
- Men: 2:10:11 h, Brad Camp (AUS ), 1989
- Women: 2:29:29 h, Eriko Asai (JPN ), 1993
- Men: 1:01:16 h, Benson Masya (KEN ), 1992
- Women: 1:09:38 h, Midori Fumoto (JPN ), 1992
- Men: 28:53 min, Michael Shelley (AUS ), 2010
- Women: 33:26 min, Kylie Risk (AUS ), 1998
List of winners
Sources: website of the organizer, ARRS