Golling an der Erlauf

Golling an der Erlauf is a market town with 1528 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Melk in Lower Austria.

  • 2.1 Population development


Golling an der Erlauf lies in the valley of the Erlauf 5 km before its confluence with the Danube in the Most district in Lower Austria. The area of ​​the municipality covers 2.71 square kilometers. 34.12 percent of the area is forested.

Community structure

The municipality comprises the following four localities ( in parentheses population as of 31 October 2011):

  • Golling ( 666)
  • Hinterleiten (138 )
  • Neuda ( 712)
  • Sion mountain ( 23)

The community consists of de cadastral Golling.


In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Noricum. In the core Austrian state of Lower Austria lying the place told the eventful history of Austria. In addition, the site was formerly known under the name Goldarn, as was formerly found in the Erlauf gold. The part Gollings named Mount Sion was most likely once inhabited by a nobleman or knight, from which the name originates.

Population Development

According to the results of the 2001 census, there were 1699 inhabitants. In 1991, the market town of 1614 inhabitants, 1632 and 1981 in 1971, 1620 inhabitants.


The council has 19 seats, mayor of the municipality is Gabriele Kaufmann, office manager Andreas Pfannenstill.

In the municipal elections of 2005, the SPÖ reached 16, the ÖVP and the FPÖ 2 1 mandate. In the municipal elections of 2010, the SPÖ lost two seats to the FPÖ.

Culture and sights

Built in 1923-1925 Municipal Office of Golling an der Erlauf was designed by the Viennese architect Anton Valentin.

Economy and infrastructure

Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001, 38 agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 6 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 704 The employment rate in 2001 was 42.14 percent. At present, the economy Gollings is on the up again, because after a long and arduous search a buyer for the old factories of Hitiag and Neudagarn could be found. There are major renovations going on and the area now called by the investor " Aigner Business Park ".