Petzenkirchen is a market town with 1307 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district of Melk in Lower Austria.
- 2.1 Population development
- 4.1 Structures 4.1.1 Castle Petzenkirchen
Petzenkirchen is in the Most district in Lower Austria. The area of the municipality covers 2.89 square kilometers. 4.96 percent of the area is forested.
There are no other cadastral except Petzenkirchen.
In ancient times, the area was part of the province of Noricum. In the core Austrian state of Lower Austria lying the place told the eventful history of Austria.
According to the results of the 2001 census, there were 1296 inhabitants. In 1991, the market town of 1177 inhabitants, 1981 and 1163 in 1971, 1098 inhabitants.
The council has 19 seats, mayor of the municipality is Lisbeth core, office manager Franz Helmreich.
In the municipal elections of 2005, the SPÖ and the ÖVP reached 12 7 mandates. In the municipal elections of 2010, the People's Party lost one seat to the SPÖ and the FPÖ, who moved to the municipal council.
Culture and sights
The castle was built in the 12th century and was originally surrounded by a moat. The ownership were subject to frequent changes in the course of history. In 1909, the castle passed into state property.
Since 1945 the castle is occupied by a department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, the Department of Land and Water Resources.
In the years 1953 and 1987, the castle was expanded by later additions. From 1998 to 2002, the complex was completely renovated.
Economy and infrastructure
Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001, 48 agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 9 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census 612 The employment rate in 2001 was 49.45 percent.