Wiesel castle is a town with 3772 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the district Scheibbs in Lower Austria.
- 3.1 Demographics
- 4.1 Municipal Election 2005
- 4.2 Municipal Election 2010
- 4.3 Town twinning
- 6.1 Structures
- 6.2 parks
Wiesel castle is located in the Most district in Lower Austria. The area of the municipality Wiesel castle comprises 5.43 square kilometers. 7.25% of the area is forested. The city lies at the confluence of the Little and the Great Erlauf.
The municipality Wiesel castle has no further Katastralgemeinden. In addition to the municipality, there is the village community Wieselburg.
In ancient times, the area Wiesel castle was part of the province of Noricum. In the Austrian heartland of Upper Austria lying the place told the eventful history of Austria. The name Wiesel castle dates from the situation, because " zwisila " in Old High German and " Zwisel " in Middle High German, meaning " confluence ". On " Zwisel " of the two rivers, the large and the small Erlauf, 976 a castle was built, in which there was also a fortified church ( Wieselburger octagon ). Was established in 1848 the municipality. 1913, and the amalgamation of the market Wiesel castle with parts of the local church Mitter water ( with mountain and Schacha ) and the local church rotting house. In May 1976, the market town Wiesel castle became a town.
Mayor of Günther Easy Fried (SPÖ ), Office manager Gudrun Lasselsberger.
Municipal elections in 2005
When performed on 6 March 2005 council election 2219 votes were cast. 36 ballots were invalid. Of the 2,183 valid votes cast results in the following distribution of seats:
Municipal Election 2010
When conducted 14 March 2010 council election 2412 votes were cast. 54 ballots were invalid. Of the 2,358 valid votes cast results in the following distribution of seats:
Since 1996, Wiesel castle has a community partnership with the municipality in the district of Northeim Kreiensen in Germany.
Economy and infrastructure
Among the most important companies of the city is adjacent to the largest employer in the district Scheibbs, the ZKW Light Systems GmbH (2000 employees, as of April 2012), the weasel castle brewery.
Supra-regional importance since 1928, the one-week Wieselburger Inter- agricultural folk festival ( an agricultural fair ), which is the largest fair of Lower Austria with more than 300,000 visitors and 550 exhibitors each year and the end of June takes place. The focus is on building and housing and in the agricultural area, the topics livestock, grassland management and since 2006 Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy. In addition, refer to the fairgrounds Wiesel castle over the whole year events such as the Construction & Energy Fair or at the farm Wiesel castle.
Since April 2003, there is a shopping mall in the city center called City Center Wiesel castle with a retail area of 8,000 square meters and a parking lot with 220 parking spaces.
In 2009, through the establishment of the Technology Center Wieselburg part of Bioeenergiekompetenzen Austria at a site bundled ( Bioenergy 2020 ).
Non-agricultural work places there were in 2001 221, agricultural and forestry holdings according to the 1999 survey 10 The number of persons employed at the residence was according to the 2001 census, 1,623. The employment rate in 2001 was 47.6 percent.
With his college (Campus Wieselburg FH Wiener Neustadt), the high school, the principal, Folk, Music School and the Higher Federal College and Research Institute for Agriculture, the Francisco Josephinum ( in Wieselburg ) Wiesel castle is also called " school city".
Culture and sights
Historical significance especially the Wieselburger Octagon, one of the most important buildings of the Babenberg time, in the parish church. The church was built around 1000, has been extended to 1500. 1706 entered the monastery of Mondsee, the parish Wiesel castle from the Bishop of Passau. With the establishment of the Diocese of St. Pölten in 1785 Wiesel castle was sovereign's parish. In the years 1953-1958 the church in Wiesel castle was extended.
The Weasel Castle was built in the 13th century and now houses the Museum of Prehistory and Early History.
The academic building of the University of Applied Sciences Wiener Neustadt campus Wiesel castle, a multistorey low energy timber, located right on the city limits.
In the rotting house castle houses the administrative building of the Federal Agricultural Experimental Farm GmbH.
There are also lock Perzelhof
In the center of Wiesel castle is the castle park.
The figures of the park represent the main rivers of the monarchy - Raab, Mur, Traun, Salzach and Enns - Represent were in the time of the Second World War by the City of Vienna brought to Wiesel castle, but the originals returned in 1986 returned to Vienna ( Albertina ), which established in the castle park figures are casts.
Castle Park with three sculptures
- Karl Bienenstein ( born 1 November 1869 in Wieselburg; † February 1, 1927 in Bruck an der Mur ), teacher, poet, storyteller and writer.
- Paul Hörbiger ( born April 29, 1894 in Budapest, † March 5, 1981 in Vienna), folk actor, lived from 1965 until his death in Wiesel castle (now Paul Hörbiger Street).
- Eugen Wüster ( born October 10, 1898 in Wieselburg, † March 29 1977 in Vienna), Inter linguist and founder of the science terminology
- Hermann Lechner ( born November 29, 1924 in Wieselburg, † June 12, 2012 in gaming), mayor of Gaming