Jimmy Ruffin ( born May 7, 1939 in Meridian, Mississippi, United States) is an American soul singer.
Jimmy is the brother of David Ruffin, former lead singer of The Temptations Soul formation. With its help, he already got the beginning of the 1960s, his first record deal in 1961 and released his first single. In 1966 he had his first million-seller with What Becomes of the Broken Hearted. His second international hit succeeded in 1980 with the song written by Robin Gibb Hold on to My Love.
In 1986 Ruffin played with the British electropop band Heaven 17 an EP, singing the pieces A Foolish Thing to Do and My Sensitivity.
His hit What Becomes of the Broken Hearted He later published multiple new, including End of the 1980s, in a duet with Ruby Turner. In addition, there is an Italian version of him with the title Se decidi cosi.
The song was, inter alia, by David L. Stewart ( Colin Blunstone with, 1981) Boy George (1988 ), Paul Young ( 1992), Steve Harley (1996 ), Joe Cocker (1998 ) Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers (2000), Smokie (2001 ) Joan Osborne (2002) and Blue Lagoon ( 2006) gecovert.
- The Jimmy Ruffin Way
- Ruff 'n' Ready
- Jimmy Ruffin ... Forever
- Greatest Hits
- What Becomes of the Broken hearted / Baby I've Got It (1966 )
- I've Passed This Way Before / Tomorrow 's Tears (1966 )
- Gonna Give Her All the Love I Got / World So Wide Nowhere to Hide
- Do not You Miss Me a Little Bit Baby / I Want Her Love
- I'll Say Forever My Love / Everybody Needs Love
- Do not Let Him Take Your Love From Me / Lonely Lonely Man Am I
- I've Passed This Way Before / Tomorrow 's Tears
- Farewell Is a Lonely Sound / If You Will Let Me I Know I Can ( 1970)
- I'll Say Forever My Love / Everybody Needs Love (1970 )
- It's Wonderful ( To Be Loved By You ) / Maria ( You Were the Only One ) ( 1970)
- Let's Say Goodbye Tomorrow / Living in a World I Created for Myself
- On the Way Out ( On the Way In) / Honey Come Back
- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted / Do not You Miss Me a Little Bit Baby
- Farewell is a Lonely Sound / I Will Never Let You Get Away
- I've Passed This Way Before / Sad and Lonesome Feeling
- I'll Say Forever My Love / It's Wonderful ( To Be Loved By You )
- Gonna Give Her All the Love I Got / I've Passed This Way Before
- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted / I'll Pick a Rose for My Rose
Julia Edenhofer: The Great Oldie lexicon. The world in 1991; ISBN 3-89350-720-5
- Soul singer
- American musician
- Born in 1939