Libel (Rychnov nad Kněžnou District)

Libel is a municipality in the Czech Republic. It is located six kilometers west of Rychnov nad Kněžnou and belongs to Okres Rychnov nad Kněžnou.


Libel is on the left side of Bela ( Alba ) in the foothills of the Eagle Mountains. Through the village leads the state road 321 between Častolovice and Solnice, the 320 branches off from the in Libel by Přepychy.

Neighboring towns are Třebešov in the north, and Dobrinov Lokot in the northeast, Jedlina in the east, Synkov - Slemeno to the southeast, and Častolovice Polní Dvůr in the south, Hřibiny and Malá Ledská the southwest, Ledská in the west and Lično in the northwest.


The first mention of Lybel dates from 1405th At that time the village belonged to the rule Častolovice. 1495 acquired Wilhelm II of Pernštejna the rule and locked it to his reign Litice. In 1498 came Lybel to rule Potštejn. 1559, the family acquired Hendrych by Reger the village; In 1577 Emperor Rudolf II new owners. The sold in the same year the city of Johann Wilhelm and Georg von Oppersdorff to Dubé and Frydstejn. 1584 suggested by Friedrich Oppersdorff Lybel again the rule Častolovice to.

During the Thirty Years' War Libel was attacked nad Orlicí on February 12, 1628 Catholics from Častolovice and Kostelec and burned. 1695 acquired Adolf von Sternberg Vratislav the rule. In 1800 began the school in Libel. 1813 established a flood of Alba to severe damage. After the replacement of patrimonial Libel in 1849 an independent village. In 1899 founded the volunteer fire department. In 1900 Libel had 284 inhabitants; 1921, there were 286

In 1976 the village was incorporated into Černíkovice. 1990, the population opted for independence, which became effective on January 1, 1991. Bozena Sedova was elected on 24 November 1990 on the mayor. In 2003 Libel Award " Village of the Year " with the " Blue Flag " for the social life in the village in the competition.

Community structure

For the community Libel districts are not reported.


  • Statue of St. John of Nepomuk, built in 1813
  • Stone crucifix with Sts. Joseph and Mary, 1813
  • Old village forge
  • Shot wooden house, built in 1734 as an inn