Vamberk ( German Wamberg ) is a town in the Hradec Králové Region in the Czech Republic. It is located 4 km south of the district town Rychnov nad Kněžnou in the valley of the river Zdobnice.
The place was first mentioned in 1341 as a castle seat forest mountain, around 1400 as Walmberg and later called Wamberg. Wamberg was seat of the rule, which was divided in the 16th century and reunited with the owner Wenceslas Nicholas Pencingár of Bydžin. Because of their participation in the Bohemian uprising of 1618 confiscated the Emperor after the Battle of White Mountain, the rule Wamberg and transferred them to the 1627 Kaspar von Gramb. His wife Magdalena († 1671) was committed to improving the living conditions of their subjects. Already in 1637 she raised the statute labor to a large extent and promoted the lace. With the economic upturn thereby made Wamberg was raised in the second half of the 17th century to the marketplace.
For 1654 a Jewish community is established and in 1688 a Jewish cemetery, where Jews from the surrounding communities and Daudleb Adlerkosteletz were buried.
In the 18th and 19th century, the textile industry in Wamberg; in the 20th century, metal-processing operations were added. The population grew slowly. In 1826 there were 1844, 1900 3074 and 1980 5435 inhabitants.
- The baroque Dean Church of St. Prokop was built from 1707 to 1713.
- The St. Barbara consecrated cemetery church dates from the late 17th century.
- Lace Museum
To town Vamberk include the districts
- Merklovice ( Merklowitz )
- Peklo nad Zdobnicí (Hell reason) with Libštejn ( Liebstein ), Hradisko ( Radisch ) and Zakopánka ( jumps )
- Vamberk with popluží ( Foothill ) and Zádolí ( Sadol )
- Josef Kalousek (1838-1915), historian
- January Václav Voříšek (1791-1825), composer