Solnice ( pronunciation: [ solɲɪt͡sɛ ], German Solnitz ) is a city in the Czech Republic. It is located six kilometers north-west of Rychnov nad Kněžnou at the Bela and belongs to Okres Rychnov nad Kněžnou.


Solnice located on both sides of Bela in the foothills of the Eagle Mountains. In the city, the state highways 14 cross between Rychnov nad Kněžnou and Dobruška and 321 between Kostelec nad Orlicí and Skuhrov nad Bělou. The east of the city at Kvasiny railway station is the terminus of Solnice local railway Častolovice - Rychnov nad Kněžnou - Solnice.

Neighboring towns are Ještětice and Nové Dvory in the north, Boroviny in the northeast, and Kvasiny Lukavice in the east, Panská Habrová the southeast, Litohrady, Domašín, Dubno, Dubina and in the south, Černíkovice in the southwest and Byzhradec and Hroška in the northwest.


Was first documented belonging to the reign Skuhrov Solnice 1321 when the owner, Jan of Meziříčí transferred the Cross with the Red Star on the Zderaz pastoral tasks in Solnice. 1359, the brothers Jan and Vznata of Meziříč handed to Skuhrov the pastoral functions of the Prague White Cross with the Red Heart. They built in Solnice a monastery, which went down during the Hussite Wars. 1386 received Solnice of the Meziříč on Skuhrov a number of privileges granted, including the collection to the city after Königgrätzer law and the exemption from service robot.

1456 sparked Georg rid of Podiebrad Solnice of Skuhrov and divided the city in the reign Litice. His son Henry the Elder. sold the possessions in 1495 to Wilhelm II of Pernštejna from which they went on Jaroslav of Pernštejna. From this the Glatzer pledge Mr. Ernst of Bavaria in 1556 acquired including Solnice, who two years later sold it to the Prager Family of Benjamin Vlknov.

Still in 1558, was a fortress, which was in 1699 after the construction of the castle Kvasnice Converted into a guesthouse, the exterior design was retained. After the Battle of White Mountain, the Benjamin lost their possession. Solnice bought in 1624 by Heinrich Dohna. 1699 founded the Prague Carmelite Order, the monastery of Our Lady of Victories.

The Inn " Zámeček " was farmed until 1952 and in 1948 was for the film Hostinec U kamenného stolu by Josef Gruss. After 1990 the building was converted into a hotel and is not used for some time to sell.

Local structure

The city Solnice consists of the districts Ještětice ( Jeschtietitz ) and Solnice ( Solnitz ) and local documents Boroviny ( Borowin ) and Nové Dvory ( Neuhof ).


  • Baroque Church of Beheading of John the Baptist, 1681-1686 built and rebuilt 1869-1870
  • Sacred Heart Church in the cemetery, neo-Renaissance of 1903-1904; the neglected building is not accessible
  • Town Hall, 1829-1835 built in the Empire style
  • Marian column erected in the market in 1714


Sons and daughters of the town

  • Antonín Hajn (1868-1948), journalist and politician
  • Hajn Alois (1870-1953), translator, journalist and politician

In the city lived and worked

  • Joseph Ehrenberg (1815-1882), writer and historian, served as pastor in Solnitz