Monolith Soft is a video game developer based in Meguro, Tokyo. It was founded in October 1999 by Tetsuya Takahashi and Sugiura Hirohide who worked formerly for Square. Since 1 May 2007, Nintendo holds a 80 percent stake in the company; previously it was majority-owned by Namco Bandai Games, now keep the 16% of the shares. This makes the company one of the 16 first-party developer of Nintendo. Later Nintendo bought up the remaining shares. The rest of the studio shares constitute Sugiura, Takahashi and Yasuyuki Honne. Since a few years Monolith Soft has a second studio in Kyoto. This has about 30 employees. To date, the Kyoto studio has mainly contributed to the graphics of games of Nintendo EAD.
- Baten Kaitos - series: Baten Kaitos - The wings of eternity and the Lost Ocean ( GameCube, 2005)
- Baten Kaitos Origins ( GameCube, 2006) ( JP, U.S., did not appear in EU)
- Xenosaga Episode I: The Will to Power (PlayStation 2, 2002 JP, U.S., did not appear in EU)
- Xenosaga Episode II: Beyond Good and Evil ( PlayStation 2, 2004, JP, U.S., EU)
- Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra (PlayStation 2, 2006, JP, U.S., did not appear in EU)
- Xenosaga I & II (Nintendo DS, 2006)