The Myrtenartigen ( Myrtales ) form an order of plants flowering plant ( Magnoliopsida ).
The Myrtenartigen include both woody and herbaceous plants. The leaves are against standing always simple and entire. Stipules ( stipules ) are rarely available; if they do, they are greatly shortened and rarely fully formed.
The usually hermaphroditic, flowers are mostly radial symmetry fourfold. Often a hypanthium, which is a cup-shaped cavity of the flower axis, the walls of the ovary largely surround, and a discus available. The deformed from usually two carpels ovary is usually under - or medium ever.
The order Myrtales are within the euro Siden II, the sister group of order Geraniales. They include the following families:
- Wing seed plants ( Combretaceae )
- Lythraceae ( Lythraceae )
- Black Mouth family ( Melastomataceae ), including Memecylaceae
- Myrtle family ( Myrtaceae ), including Heteropyxidaceae and Psiloxylaceae
- Onagraceae ( Onagraceae )
- Penaeaceae, including Oliniaceae and Rhynchocalycaceae
- The order in APWebsite (English )