Nanchang (Chinese南昌市, Pinyin Nanchang Shì ) is centrally located in the People's Republic of China and is the capital of Jiangxi Province with 4.97 million inhabitants ( 2010) in the 7402 km ² large administrative area, of which 1,934,445 in the urban area (as of 1 January 2006). The symbol is KHN. The city lies on the southern shore of Lake Poyang; Gan flows past its outskirts.
The Star of Nanchang is one of the largest Ferris wheels in the world ( altitude 160 m, diameter 153 m; construction cost about 57 million yuan ( € ) ≈ 6 million; inauguration on May 2, 2006).
Administrative Structure, Growth
At county level, Nanchang is composed of five districts and four counties. These are:
- City Donghu District (东湖 区), 30 km ², 440,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- City Xihu District (西湖 区), 43 km ², 460,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Qingyunpu (青云谱 区), 40 km ², 240,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Wanli (湾里 区), 254 km ², 80,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Qingshanhu (青山 湖区), 220 km ², 580,000 inhabitants;
- District Nanchang (南昌 县), 1839 km ², 1.07 million inhabitants, capital: greater community Liantang (莲塘 镇);
- Xinjian county (新建 县), 2338 km ², 670,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Changleng (长 堎 镇);
- Anyi county (安 义县), 656 km ², 250,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Longjin (龙津 镇);
- Circle Jinxian (进贤县), 1952 km ², 720,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Minhe (民和 镇).
The historic city districts are relatively small for a city of millions. Outside the city limits, especially in the west of the river subsequent " large municipalities " is built for Z. large scale and on vorerschlossenen surfaces. There are both serial residential towers as well as educational and community facilities, surrounded by parks and often interspersed with water bodies or channels. According to rough estimates, an additional two to three million people will be settled here around 2012.
In the early Han Dynasty ( 201 BC) a town called Gan was built. 589 AD ( Sui Dynasty ), it was later renamed in Hongzhou and Nanchang.
In the early Tang Dynasty ( 653 AD) let Li Yuanying, the brother of Emperor Taizong, a building called Tengwang build Ge.
675 wrote Wang Bo, then 25 years old, the classic Tengwang Ge Xu. The building and the city was famous for Wang Bo's introduction article.
Nevertheless, the building was destroyed and rebuilt 28 times. Recently it burned down in 1926. 1989 Tengwang Ge was rebuilt as a 57 m high building, and, as it is, according to the plans of the Song Dynasty.
In the 20th century Nanchang was famous for its revolutionary tradition, when led Zhou Enlai, who later became Prime Minister, and other Communists in the People's Republic held high offices later, the uprising of August 1, 1927. August 1 has since been celebrated as the founding of the People's Liberation Army. During the Battle of Nanchang, the city was occupied by the Japanese army on 27 March 1939.
Located in the city headquarters of the rebellion from 1 August 1927 to the founding of the People's Liberation Army ( "八一"起义 指挥部 旧址, " Bā - yī " qǐyì zhǐhuībù jiùzhǐ ) that the Jingyunpu (青云谱, Qīngyúnpǔ ) and the Former Headquarters new Fourth Army (南昌 新四军 军部 旧址, Nanchang xīnsìjūn jūnbu jiùzhǐ ) are on the list of monuments of the People's Republic of China.
Colleges and Universities
- Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics
- Nanchang University
- Jiangxi Normal University
- Jiangxi Agricultural University
- East China Jiaotong University
- Nanchang Institute of Aeronautical Technology
- Jiangxi Institute TXM
Note: Facilities that do not offer full-time undergraduate degree programs are not listed here.
Cities and county partnerships
- Since 1985: Skopje, Macedonia
- Since 2009: district of Peine, Lower Saxony.
- Place in Jiangxi
- District -free city (China)
- Million city