The place is situated on the upper reaches of the Bohemian Schwarzach seven kilometers north of Munich in a forest from Haltrava Mountains and the mountain Stary Herštejn ( Hirschenstein ) limited basin at the headwaters of the Bohemian Schwarzach. Between Lísková ( Haselbach ) and the forest district of Munich hell, there is a road crossing. A cross-border trail connects Untergrafendorf Ried with the past in the municipality Wüstung Lučina (Graf Ried).
Watery soup was first mentioned in 1591 and colonized by Domažlice ( Taus ) from; probably existed here already in 1500 a watch-tower of Chod. The German place name " water Soups " has, like the Czech " Nemanice " (such as " have-not " ) has always been attention to the poor by the poor soil conditions of life. The village was first directly on the border between Bohemia and Bavaria, and 1766 the limit was regulated and the once Bavarian places lard pits, Haselbach and Count Ried came to Bohemia; the population, however, remained almost exclusively German here. 1781-1784 The Baroque Church of St. Nepomuk was built and water soups an independent parish. The following towns and places exist in today's municipal area (as of 1938):
- Community water with water Soups Soups, Althütten ( Stara Hut ' ) and Friedrich huts ( Nová Hut ')
- Community Toll House Toll House ( Mýtnice ) Neubäu ( Novosedly ) and Neubäuhütten ( Novosedelské Hutě )
- Community with Haselbach Haselbach ( Lísková ), lard pits ( Nemaničky ), Heinrich Berg ( Jindřichova Hora ) and Sophienthal ( Cerna Řeka ).
The municipality toll house was part of the circle Bischofteinitz, while the other two communities in the political district of Taus were ( Domažlice).
As the place names show on " huts ", the glass industry, which initially caused in the early 17th century and again in the 19th century for an economic boom developed in the area. The livelihood served next to the " domestic industry " (production of wooden boxes and matches ) and agriculture including factory settlements of the Jewish family Austrians ( picture frames, Stanniolflaschenkapseln, tin foil ), which was forced to emigrate in 1938. 1820 had water soups even 598, the parish 2502 inhabitants. In 1930 were the numbers of inhabitants in each location: water Soups 596, Friedrich huts 106 Althütten 238 Haselbach 449, Heinrichsberg 250, Sofie Thal 222, lard pits 59, toll house 188 Neubäu 99, Neubäuhütten 232, Cross huts 35, a total of 2474 inhabitants. After water Soups 1919, the newly formed Czechoslovakia had been slammed, it came as elsewhere in the territories of the Sudeten Germans to political and social tensions. This was due to the radicalization of the parties, the infiltration of the Nazis, by establishing a Tschechisierungspolitik tschechischsprachiger schools for poor German families and an increase in crime, which culminated in deliberate provocations triggered by gunfire in 1938. With the annexation of the Sudetenland to the German Reich water Soups 1938, along with surrounding towns initially to the district market Eisenstein, 1940 then to the district forest Munich.
1945/46, the German inhabitants were expelled on the basis of the Beneš decrees. Then Nemanice was in the military zone, right on the barbed wire fence, and was company base of the Czechoslovak border guards. The now completely sealed off place already lost 1956/57, a large part of its original structure; for some new buildings were built in the style plate. The places toll house and Haselbach were completely demolished because of their exposed position, and also in other neighboring villages were many houses of the pickaxe to the victim, especially in Neubäu, lard pits and Heinrichsberg. In addition, the neighboring community Grafenried ( Lučina ) with the places Anger ( Upor ) Seeg ( Pila ) and Costanosellari ( Liskovec ) was completely destroyed; these places are today regarded as waste places. Located residents were from all parts of Czechoslovakia, not only Czechs, but also Slovaks, Volhynians and many members of the ethnic group of Roma ( "Gypsies" ). The total population of the newly created municipality Nemanice, now consisting of Nemanice, Nemaničky, Nová Hut ', Novosedelské hat, Novosedly and Stara Hut', declined after 1945 continuously, eg 1970: 398 inhabitants, 2006: 312 2010 275 inhabitants are officially registered.
With the fall of the Iron Curtain in 1989/90, the symbolic opening of the border on 26 January 1990 and the reopening of the border crossing Höll-Lísková/Haselbach on 1 August 1990 the municipality for tourism was accessible. We can observe a keen interest in local history of interested residents on both sides of the border, which is aimed at exploring the places in the former restricted area with its flora and fauna.
The dilapidated church was renovated by the former residents with support from the Czech authorities are regular services are held. Due to the general development occurred after the opening of the border to economic problems of the rural community, which is currently (2012 ) has the highest unemployment rate in Okres Domažlice. To go hand in hand various problems such as the need for rocking with relatively poor transport links; there are few opportunities for higher skilled labor. The school was closed, so overall poor educational opportunities exist. Prostitution is publicly visible. Not least, the general stigmatization of the Roma in the Czech Republic in a bad image of the place. On the other hand, the community is popular for the construction of holiday homes for recreational purposes.
At community Nemanice the districts Lísková ( Haselbach ), Nemaničky ( lard pits ), Nová Huť ( Friedrich huts), Novosedelské Hutě ( Neubäuhütten ) Novosedly ( Neubäu ) and Stara Huť ( Althütte ) and the waste places Mýtnice include ( Toll House) ( 49 ° 27 ' N, 12 ° 42 ' O49.44913412.707604570 ) Lučina (Graf Ried) (49 ° 26' N, 12 ° 41 ' O49.43287212.68072655 ), Pila ( Seeg ) ( 49 ° 27' N, 12 ° 41 ' O49.44555312.688621570 ) and Úpor ( Anger) (49 ° 26 ' N, 12 ° 41' O49.43742812.676465635 ).