William Nicholas "Nick" Calathes (Greek Nikos Kalathis Νίκος Καλάθης, born February 7, 1989 in Casselberry, United States) is a Greek- American professional basketball player.
His career began Calathes, 2007 at the University of Florida, where he played for two years with the Florida Gators. In 36 NCAA games Calathes reached there on average 17.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 6.4 assists. 2009 saw Calathes to Greek giants Panathinaikos, where he signed a three -year contract. In the same year he was selected in the NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves at 45th place, but then traded to the Dallas Mavericks. With Panathinaikos Calathes was already in his first season in the national championship and thus simultaneously win the first professional title of his career.
With the U -20 national team of Greece Calathes took in 2008 at the European Championships in Latvia in part. In six games Calathes scored an average of 11.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.7 assists.
In 2009, he debuted at the Mr. selection and participated in the European Championships with this he was able to complete by winning the bronze medal.
- Greek champion: 2010, 2011
- Greek Cup winner: 2012
- ULEB Euro League: 2011
- ULEB Eurocup: 2013
- Bronze medal at the European Championship: 2009
- High school championship Florida: 2007
- Mr. Basketball (Florida ): 2006, 2007
- McDonald 's All- American: 2007
- All- Southeastern Conference Second Team: 2008
- Participation in World Championships: 2010
- Participation in European championships: 2009, 2011
- Participation in the U20 European Championship: 2008
- Participations in the Greek All Star Game: 2011
- MVP of the regular season of the Eurocup 2012/13
- All- Eurocup First Team: 2012/13
- Nick's older brother Pat Calathes is also a professional basketball player. In the season 2011/12 both played together for Panathinaikos Athens.