Norwalk is a city in Fairfield County in the U.S. state of Connecticut with 85 603 inhabitants ( 2010). The geographic coordinates are: 41.09 ° North, 73.42 ° West. The metropolitan area has a size of 94.1 km ². Norwalk has four railway stations: Rowayton, South Norwalk, East Norwalk, and Merritt 7, which are approached by the Metro North.
In Norwalk, there is the corporate headquarters of Xerox.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Daniel Thomas Barry, NASA astronaut
- Thaddeus Betts, politicians
- Bill Bickford, Jazz Musicians
- Jesse Bradford, actor
- D. J. Caruso, director
- Joe Coleman, painter
- Edward Calvin Kendall, biochemists
- Vince Mendoza, jazz musician, arranger and composer
- Bob Miller, American football player
- Horace Silver, Jazz pianist and composer
- John Simon, rock producer, pianist and keyboardist
- Abigail Thompson, mathematician
- David Sloan Wilson, an evolutionary biologist