Ola is a male and female first name.
Origin and Meaning
The male first name Ola is derived from Olaf and occurs in particular in Scandinavia.
However, the feminine form of Ola is a short form of the Polish Aleksandra, in Russia and Ukraine, which is short for Olga ( Оля ).
Bearers of the name
Male first name
- Ola Andersson (born 1966 ), former Swedish footballer, coach and functionary
- Ola Berger ( born 1979 ), Norwegian ski mountaineer
- Ola Brunkert (1946-2008), Swedish drummer
- Ola Hansson (1860-1925), Swedish writer
- Ola Vigen Hattestad ( b. 1982 ), Norwegian cross-country skiers
- Ola Herje Hovdenak (born 1973 ), Norwegian ski mountaineer
- Ola John (* 1992), Dutch footballer
- Ola Kristiansson (born 1971 ), former Swedish tennis player
- Ola Lindgren (born 1964 ), former Swedish handball player
- Ola Kvernberg ( born 1981 ), Norwegian jazz violinist (also mandolin, bass, violin, vocals) and composer
- Ola Rapace (born 1971 ), Swedish actor
- Ola Rotimi (1938-2000), Nigerian writer
- Ola Rydstrand ( born 1955 ), former Swedish footballer
- Ola Skarholt ( * 19 **), Norwegian orienteers
- Ola Svensson ( born 1986 ), Swedish pop singer, known as Ola
- Ola Toivonen ( born 1986 ), Swedish football player of Finnish descent
- Ola Ullsten ( born 1931 ), Swedish politician and Prime Minister
Female first name
- Ola Alsen (1880-1956), German writer and editor
- Ola Ray ( born 1960 ), American film actress.
- Ola Nordmann, fictional Norwegian average person, see Ola and Kari Nordmann