Olszowa, Opole Voivodeship
Olschowa, Polish Olszowa, is a town in Poland, in the municipality Ujest in powiat Strzelecki in the Opole Voivodeship, Upper Silesia.
Olschowa was first documented in 1302. 1843 was one of the place 43 houses and 374 inhabitants.
1910 lived 387 inhabitants in the village. In the referendum on March 20, 1921 voted 20 voters to remain in Germany and 105 for Poland. Nevertheless Olschowa remained with the German Reich. 1925 lived 511 inhabitants in the village. 1936, the town was renamed in alder bush. By 1945, the place was in the district of Great Strehlitz.
In 1945 the previously German place under Polish administration, was renamed Olszowa and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. In 1950, the town is part of the Opole Voivodeship and 1999 of the re-established powiat Strzelecki. In November 2008, the City also received the official German place names Olschowa.
- Shot wooden church from 1679