Pont de la Concorde (Paris)
48.8633752.3196166666667Koordinaten: 48 ° 51 ' 48.2 " N, 2 ° 19' 10.6 " E
The Pont de la Concorde is a bridge over the Seine in Paris, France. It connects the Place de la Concorde and the Quai des Tuileries with the Quai d' Orsay and is exactly the same at the Palais Bourbon to the seat of the National Assembly, the French National Assembly.
During the planning stage it was called Pont Louis XV, then successively Pont Louis XVI, Pont de la Révolution, Pont de la Concorde, while restoring the file Pont Louis XVI and finally again since 1830 Pont de la Concorde.
The Pont de la Concorde is one of the busiest bridges in Paris, apart from the bridges as part of the Boulevard périphérique.
The 153 m long bridge consists of five segmental arches with spans of 25 m, 28 m, 31 m, 28 m and 25 m. Planned by Jean -Rodolphe Perronet and executed under his direction stone arch bridge was originally 15 m wide. In the years 1931-1932 it was expanded by Henri Lang on 35 m by one each row of arches of reinforced concrete arches with exactly the same profile was grown on both sides who received an outer casing in the old style. The cultivation is still recognizable, if you look just above the water surface at an angle through a sheet and the local opening between the piers of the old and the new arc. The largest arch is 1.30 m thick at the apex. The very flat over the full length arched bridge deck is divided into three lanes in both directions, a bike path and two very wide sidewalks, bounded by stone balustrades. The nearly three-meter- high pillars are founded on piles, the extensions on caissons.
Already in 1725 a wooden bridge should be built, as the number of new houses in the suburbs of Saint- Germain and Saint- Honoré also required a new connection via the Seine. This decision, however, remained without consequences. Only in September 1786, the construction of the bridge was decided by an edict of the king, whereupon the Parliament on September 7, 1786 approved a budget for the following year. On October 1, 1786 Perronet laid the Devis, the terms of reference for the bridge before. The tender on the basis of this Devis took place in January 1787 and the award of the work on 27 February 1787. At that time, contracts for the supply of wood for the falsework had already been completed, had to take over the building contractor. While there was still provided in Devis to procure the hewn stones for the bridge from quarries in Saillancourt at Meulan, is actually at least a major part of the stormed on 14 July 1789 and subsequently demolished Bastille come. Perronet succeeded, the bridge in the last years of the ancien régime characterized by financial difficulties and perform during the beginning of the French Revolution and let complete in 1791.
1810, Napoleon Bonaparte set up statues of eight fallen in the battles of the First Empire generals on the bridge. During the Restoration they were replaced by twelve monumental statues of four ministers ( Suger, Sully, Richelieu, Colbert ), generals ( Du Guesclin, Bayard, Condé, Turenne ) and naval officers ( Duquesne, Tourville, Duguay- Trouin, Suffren ) represented. Since their total weight for the bridge was too high, let Louis- Philippe I create according to Palace of Versailles.
1931-1932 the bridge was extended; In 1983 she was refurbished.
The Pont de la Concorde is protected as a monument historique since July 12, 1975.
- Jean -Rodolphe Perronet: Pont projetté pour être sur la Seine au droit construit de la Place Louis XV: Description of the projets et de la construction des ponts de Neuilli, de Mante, d' Orléans, de Louis XVI, etc. On ya ajouté le projet du canal de Bourgogne, pour la communication des deux mers par Dijon; et de celui de la conduite des eaux de l' Yvette et de la Bievre à Paris. S. 264 ff Didot jeune fils aîné = Jombert, Paris, 1788. Digitized on Google Books, retrieved on February 29, 2012.
- J.F.W. Dietlein: Perronets works, the descriptions of the designs and the designs of the bridges at Neuilli, Mantes, Orleans, Louis XVI. etc. the design of the Burgundian channel and the water line from the Yvette and Bievre to Paris, as well as several individual essays containing. Translated from the French by J.F.W. Dietlein. Hall, at Hemmerde and Schwetschke, 1820. Digitized on Google Books, retrieved on February 29, 2012.
- Perronet: Devis of ouvrages à faire pour la construction du pont de Louis XVI. Imprimerie de l' Lottin aîné & Lottin, Paris, 1787. Digitized on Google Books, retrieved on February 29, 2012.