Quethiock is a municipality in the former Caradon District of the county of Cornwall in England with 429 inhabitants ( as of 2001). The municipality is located in the south-east Cornwall enclosed between the two north- south running rivers Lynher and Tiddy. In the north Quethiock adjacent to St Ive, Menheniot and in the west on the south Landrake with St Erney connects.
Attractions include a Gothic parish church and Cornish Cross. The church is kept in the Perpendicular style, an English Gothic style, with a nave, a north aisle with four arcades, a northern and southern transept and a choir. The tower on the west side of the nave can be the period of the Decorated style, assign, making it older than the nave. The church is dedicated to a saint named Hugo. However, it is unclear what is meant Hugo. Possible candidates are Hugh of Cluny or Hugh of Lincoln. Since the community is likely to be much older, there was this dedication after the foundation or the dedication refers to an unknown earlier saints named Hugo.
That worked out of granite Cornish Cross is located south of the Church near the far wall. The resulting four items of the Cross were discovered in 1881 during construction work and then assembled in the immediate vicinity of the discovery site and re-erected. With a height of just over four meters, it is one of the highest in Cornwall. The cross is decorated with knot patterns, however, have suffered in some cases considerably.
50.458156 - 4.378344Koordinaten: 50 ° 27 'N, 4 ° 23' W
- Location in Cornwall