The Monastery Rye Castle is one of Canons of the Premonstratensian order in Rye Castle in the district of Neu -Ulm, Bavaria, which is run as a dependent priory of the Lower Bavarian abbey Wind Mountain. The monastery operates a training center and a museum and is nationally through the many preserved baroque buildings and taking place in the church organ concerts known.
Count Bertold of Bibereck founded in 1126 together with his wife and his two brothers, Conrad ( Bishop of Chur) and Siegfried ( canon in the diocese of Augsburg) the monastery. The first Premonstratensian canons came from the not far distant monastery Ursberg and built the first Roggenburger monastery church.
1444 the pin to the abbey was charged. The first designation as rye Petersburg Imperial immediacy can be used for 1482/1485 demonstrate - a rich legal cementing that status was carried out in several steps during the first half of the 16th century. Prerequisite for the new imperial immediacy but reforms in the monastery territory had been, in particular, the court and Policeywesen strengthened. The extensive statutes and ordinances of 1573 (see bibliography) are a good example.
On Saturday, April 1, 1525, the monastery was plundered by the farmers located in an uproar of the cluster Leipheimer in the Peasants' War. The abbot and the monks had Jodok the monastery previously already left, so that the farmers in the monastic buildings encountered no resistance during the assault. In the raid also the preacher and farmer leader Hans Jakob Woe of Leipheim and Ingstetter Bauer Jörg Ebner were there. In the course of the case held by the farmers feast Jörg Ebner made himself a new abbot of the monastery. The following day the monastery was by the incoming farmers of Illertisser heap after the Leipheimer withdrew, struck again and further destruction were carried out on and in the buildings.
Furthermore, the monastery and its parish and affiliated churches have been rebuilt in the Baroque style, as they exist today in the 18th century. Among other things, 1732, the convent buildings were rebuilt. In July 1752 they started building the new church, which lasted six years.
1802, the Empire pen was occupied after the secularization of Bavarian military. The Convention was dissolved and the last abbot Thaddeus Aigler defrocked.
1986 moved back Premonstratensian the convent. On 8 November 1992, the monastery was raised by the abbey Wind Mountain to the rank of a dependent priory. Meanwhile originated in the monasteries under their care, a training center for family, environment and culture, a museum, a home for art and culture as well as dining facilities. In addition, wines from monastic cultivation and various goods of its manufacture are sold in a monastery shop devotional.
The baroque church was built in 1752-1758 according to the plans of Simpert Kraemer in a cross shape. The hall building with transept extension and twin towers is 70 m long, 35 m wide and has an inner height of 28 m. It is now used as a Catholic parish church of the Assumption.
A special feature of the monastery church is the roof structure. To span the width of 35 m, a so-called continuous binder was used, whose main characteristic is that the structure supported on the walls, but they are practically not pressed outwards. Therefore, they are free standing and do not have to be stabilized laterally ( such as good to see the aisles of Ulm Minster is ). The ceiling of the church is suspended from the roof structure. This type of roof structure is probably very rare and unique in southern Germany. It goes beyond a height of about three storeys.
The organ of the monastery church is popularly known as " the great Roggenburgerin " called, in particular because of the imposing prospectus, which is one of the most elegant in southern Germany. The organ case is made from the altar Schreiner family Bergmüller acts as if like a great altar. 1761 created the Ulm organ builder Georg Friedrich Schmahl the. first organ work for this case in the course of 250 years the instrument has been rebuilt several times and designed a whole new plant. way was the end of the 18th century Johann Nepomuk Holzhey ( Ottobeuren ) the organ a more " French touch " in 1905 had this instrument then give way to a large late-romantic organ with pneumatic action, built by the organ workshop Hindelang ( Ebenhofen in the Allgäu). 1955/56, sat down by the organ motion, and the company Nenninger from Munich built according to plans by Rudolf Quoika and Arthur Piechler a neo-baroque organ.
After several years of basic repair of the monastery church the organ workshop Gerhard Schmid ( Kaufbeuren ) designed this organ from 1984 to 1986 technically and tonally fundamentally new. The result of this expansion, it's a versatile tool that is able to fill in the wide and high room of the monastery church sound. In numerous organ concerts that are regularly organized by the Association of Friends of the Monastery Rye Castle eV since 1986 with organist from at home and abroad, it has been shown that the Roggenburger organ is particularly well suited for representing romantic and symphonic organ literature. Various modifications were out of this experience between 1996 and 2008 again made in the technical and tonal range in order to expand the possibilities for the presentation of organ music of the 19th and 20th century, without compromising the existing baroque sound spectrum. Among other charming flute voices and a strong Trompeteria were installed.
In 2008, the organ workshop built hot ( Vöhringen an der Iller ) a new, fünfmanualige game system, which is inserted at an historic location in the lower housing of the Prospectus. This expanded again the spectrum of tonal colors of the organ by the electrical connection of the 2005 drawn up behind the tabernacle of the high altar of the monastery church choir organ as remote work. The abrasive loading instrument has 66 registers (about 4000 pipes ). The Spieltrakturen are mechanical, the Registertrakturen electro.
- Couplers: I / Ped. II / Ped. , III / Ped. , III / Ped. 4 ', IV / Ped. , V / Ped. , III / I, I / II, III / II, III / II 16', IV / II, V / II, V / III, IV / III, III / III 16 '
- In addition to register: Glockenspiel ( IV Manual), Cymbelstern, Vogelg'sang, hail
- Accessories: electronic combination system