Rumoi (Japanese留 萌 市, -shi) is a city and administrative headquarters of the Japanese sub-prefecture in the prefecture of Hokkaido Rumoi.
It lies in the north of the country on the island of Hokkaidō about 100 kilometers north of Sapporo, about 50 kilometers west of Asahikawa on the coast of the Sea of Japan.
Rumoi was appointed on 1 October 1947 Shi.
- Train: JR Rumoi Main Line
- National Road 231,232,233
- Russia Ulan -Ude
Sons and daughters of the town
- Masaru Satō (1928-1999), composer
- Yataro Watase (* 1960), ski jumpers
- Yuta Watase (* 1982 ), ski jumpers